The Student Room Group

Urgent gcse help

I really need your help. so basically im meant to pick my GCSE subjects TOMORROW and im literally freaking out. so I want to be a mechanical engineer when im older. so does anyone have any idea what I should pick
I have compulsory subjects and I need to pick at least 2 more GCSE subjects
All HELP APPRECIATED
Buuummmmpppp
Original post by MMtrapzz
I really need your help. so basically im meant to pick my GCSE subjects TOMORROW and im literally freaking out. so I want to be a mechanical engineer when im older. so does anyone have any idea what I should pick
All HELP APPRECIATED

Hi! @MMtrapzz

Has your school got a good design and technology department? A subject like this is helpful. Also, physics (maybe triple science) is key.
However, it's best to choose what you enjoy most, so keep this in mind. For those last 2 subjects, it might be best to choose something you enjoy, as usually I find I study best when I study something that I enjoy.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
All HELP APPRECIATED

What do you like doing and what have you already got down?
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi! @MMtrapzz

Has your school got a good design and technology department? A subject like this is helpful. Also, physics (maybe triple science) is key.
However, it's best to choose what you enjoy most, so keep this in mind. For those last 2 subjects, it might be best to choose something you enjoy, as usually I find I study best when I study something that I enjoy.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

thanks Chloe
and yeah my school has a pretty good DT department
and hopefully I am allowed to chose triple science :smile:
thanks Chloe
and yeah my school has a pretty good DT department
and hopefully I am allowed to chose triple science :smile:

What are you choosing between? DT would be a good choice ..
All HELP APPRECIATED

Hey, personally I’d say just go with what you enjoy the most. You’re probably already getting told this a lot alr, but if u enjoy it ur most likely gonna do way better at it. But tbh what you choose for GCSEs isn’t as important as what you’ll pick for your a levels.
If your school offers further maths, you should probably pick that bc mechanical engineering needs good maths skills. Also a subject in design and tech might be useful, or even economics (according to google unis look favourably towards these a levels, so it’s probs a good option to pick it for gcse ig)
Tbh I’m not really sure at all, I’m just trying to help lol. But whatever u pick just make sure u enjoy it :smile:
ngl GCSEs aren’t even that deep most of the time, u just need to do well across the subjects
Anyways good luck!
yh sorry for the late reply but @Wannabevetnurse and @Muttley79
I have chosen
Maths
triple science
English language
English literature
RE
DT
Geography
Spanish
and maybe Business studies
any advice??? :colondollar:
(edited 3 years ago)
I have chosen
Maths
triple science
English language
English literature
RE
DT
Geography
Spanish

nope they're all very good choices. Also as you do them at GCSE you can also do them at Alevel so you can get into M.Engineering.
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
nope they're all very good choices. Also as you do them at GCSE you can also do them at Alevel so you can get into M.Engineering.

ok thanks bro
so should I pick business studies or not cos im not sure on it
I have chosen
Maths
triple science
English language
English literature
RE
DT
Geography
Spanish

Do subjects you will get high grades in - as long as you have the basics you'll be fine. A language isn't needed ...
Original post by Muttley79
Do subjects you will get high grades in - as long as you have the basics you'll be fine. A language isn't needed ...

yh but I kinda want to do it
yh but I kinda want to do it

That's fine if you want to do a language but some school falsely claim you HAVE to do one.
That's fine if you want to do a language but some school falsely claim you HAVE to do one.

yh ummmmm my school do say that u have to do it
but im only doing it cos Spanish is easy
yh ummmmm my school do say that u have to do it
but im only doing it cos Spanish is easy

You don't - there is no law saying you have to do a language GCSE - many schools don't insist on this.
(edited 3 years ago)
All HELP APPRECIATED

any help for me?? :colondollar:
@Final Fantasy any help for me?? :colondollar:

I send many students off to uni to do Engineering - your choices are fine :smile:
I send many students off to uni to do Engineering - your choices are fine :smile:

really??? thanks so much
now it jus depends on my grades
hopefully I get good grades :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest