The Student Room Group

Choosing a levels

I want to study medicine so I’ve chosen both chemistry and biology. I also applied for both psychology and history however am conflicted and think i want to replace psychology with pe. Is this an okay decision and will it affect my application for medicine as psychology is accepted by a few unis and is more science-based? Would love and appreciate some advice.
I would definitely take a level maths if you want to do medicine
Original post by Caz1234567
I would definitely take a level maths if you want to do medicine

I’m not very good at maths so i think taking it would be a bad choice.
You can choose whatever third subject you like, as long as you do both bio and chem unis don’t care what third subject you choose, and you definitely don’t need to do maths for medicine (:
Original post by Sleepingpandas
I’m not very good at maths so i think taking it would be a bad choice.

You definitely need maths. I know people who wanted to do medicine but got asked in their interviews why they didn't take maths, I also know people who got rejected because other applicants had maths and they didn't. There is a lot of maths involved in the course so if you don't like maths I wouldn't really look at doing medicine. You could probably apply without maths but you're highly unlikely to get in without maths.
Hi, I'm in year 12 and take biology, chemistry and English (planning to go into biological sciences).
I think you should take a look at entry requirements for specific universities that interest you as some universities don't really mind what subject you take in addition to biology and chemistry, while others strongly recommend physics or maths.
I would also recommend taking subjects that you enjoy and know that you have a chance at doing well in.
Good luck! :h:
Why ?

Latest