Who watched the Meghan Markle Oprah Interview?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Whats your views on the interview?
Want to know ahah

Personally, whoever says they don't believe her how can they not? She even has Harry by her side which must've taken a lot of courage.

This is a form of manipulation from the media to hide the fact there is racism involve.

Enough with my opinions. Whats yours?
Tell me something here if you think Meghan is lying...

You may not have known this as it was censored straight after the news came out but in 2020 there were articles of 'Prince William having an affair on Kate Middleton.

I witnessed and read these articles and the bizzare thing is, the next day they were nowhere to be seen on the internet.
So if the Royal Institution/firm/family can order that to be censored, why not the Meghan Markle articles??

I don't agree with censoring as its a breach of rights and as a civilised country this shouldn't happen, but if they did Kate's why not Meghan's?

It's almost like they have a favourite daughter-in-law or princess that they want to be the most famous and popular one and as Meghan was in the spotlight, this ruined it.
not_0kay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m on the same page as you, I don’t understand how anyone can still be against them after seeing the interview. My dad is one of those people, he has an issue with the fact that tax payers money was going to them after they left their titles and roles. I don’t understand his argument, it lacks any kind of compassion or empathy. They need security and I understand if he doesn’t think Meghan should get it but Harry was born into his status, he has no control over who he is and it will be with him forever so why shouldn’t he be entitled to security and protection? And my dads answer to that was “why are they doing a massive interview then on TV if they just want to live a quiet life”. And I say well they’re just defending themselves like wouldn’t you? If you had all these false accusations being spread about you and you were being silenced by the people who were supposed to protect you, you would want out so you can clear your name. What I’ve seen in most people that are against Harry in Meghan is a lot of false information, it’s like they didn’t even listen to what they were saying in the interview? Such as Piers Morgan who was saying how they said negative things about the Queen when they literally said nothing bad about the Queen. The only controversial thing that was said was from Harry about his brother and his dad. What pisses me off most is that, that creepy man Andrew gets to walk around as if he’s not a pedo and no one seems to care. The people that are against them speaking out about the royal family are like “I thought it was the newspapers and tabloids they had a problem with, why are they talking about the family”. But what these people fail to see is that them themselves are the ones that are fuelling these horrible newspapers to make these articles because the media just produce what the public want to consume.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
As a national issue something of an irrelevance and particularly at the present time. Although it does call into question the credentials of our royal institutions. Best done away with and then nobody has to worry about the vested interests and paying for security. Interesting that a family dispute had to be escalated to a global level to address what would have been much better resolved behind closed doors. As to the tabloid media, filth that needs to be tackled.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
As a national issue something of an irrelevance and particularly at the present time. Although it does call into question the credentials of our royal institutions. Best done away with and then nobody has to worry about the vested interests and paying for security. Interesting that a family dispute had to be escalated to a global level to address what would have been much better resolved behind closed doors. As to the tabloid media, filth that needs to be tackled.
not_0kay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Zarek)
The thing is though, in the interview Harry and Meghan both said that they did reach out to the family and the firm for help but they didn’t receive any so they had no choice but to step down and fend for themselves. We also have no idea of the amount of conversations that have or haven’t taken place between the family, so saying that it shouldn’t have been escalated to a global level isn’t really fair.
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
U asked for it.. I'm gonna channel my inner Piers Morgan lol!

Megan was and is an attention-seeking publicity hound with a princess fantasy complex. The Firm are antithetical to real life and so many Royals have felt it... Edward, Margaret etc. This is such a predictable and inevitable collision of personalities, values, claims etc.

I have no doubt she experienced racism within the stuffy British establishment. One wrong doesn't right another. I don't care about their propaganda one way or another. I do care if Megan was hostile and mean to her staff, coz abusive ppl always kiss up (or out via socials) while at the same time kicking down by bullying and freaking with their staff or waiters and I loathe those kind of characters. We only know the quality of a person by what they do when they think nobody is watching..... I believe they fail that test.

Both parties (Haz n Meg and the Firm) r equally undesirable to me. I am not sure if I had to choose only between listening to them or Rump on pain of being fed to ManU fans.... then who I would feel forced to select... coz THEY. R. ALL. SOO. BAAD.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by not_0kay)
The thing is though, in the interview Harry and Meghan both said that they did reach out to the family and the firm for help but they didn’t receive any so they had no choice but to step down and fend for themselves. We also have no idea of the amount of conversations that have or haven’t taken place between the family, so saying that it shouldn’t have been escalated to a global level isn’t really fair.
Most families don’t have the luxury of airing their disputes for arbitration on a public stage. I’ve no doubt they were treated appallingly. At least we know the Queen is a goodie though.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I didn't watch it, but you know people lie all the time, even about the most sensitive topics, and even on (inter)national television. You shouldn't take anything at face value.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (112)
40.58%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.51%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.61%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (63)
22.83%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.59%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed