Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Milo Yiannopoulos, far right agitator and generally confused person, has renounced his gay marriage and status and declared that conversion therapy works.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-therapy.html

His husband, John Lewis, is now just a housemate apparently.

Transsexuals are now 'demonic' and he is going to devote the next ten years to reviving Conversion Therapy (banned in a number of countries) and condemning gayness.

Just wondering if there is any depth this guy won't plunge into in order to get publicity and make himself known.
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well. At least he's stopped one instance of his contradictions.
username5252758
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Beneath all his bull**** and attention seeking is a man who desperately needs long-term psychotherapy.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Calibrated.)
Beneath all his bull**** and attention seeking is a man who desperately needs long-term psychotherapy.
Surely that's true of all far right people really.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
:lolwut:

am i the only one who thinks he might be doing drugs? not saying that to sound facetious; i'm seriously wondering because how did he come to this conclusion?

if he's dedicating his life to support conversation therapy, seriously hope he's truly 'not gay' anymore because conversation therapy is horrible and evil enough on its own; it doesn't need a closeted gay person running it and telling gay people there's something wrong with them.
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joleee)

am i the only one who thinks he might be doing drugs? not saying that to sound facetious; i'm seriously wondering because how did he come to this conclusion?

if he's dedicating his life to support conversation therapy, seriously hope he's truly 'not gay' anymore because conversation therapy is horrible and evil enough on its own; it doesn't need a closeted gay person running it and telling gay people there's something wrong with them.
Oh, he's definitely on something. Either that or he has a serious psychiatric condition.
I feel bad for him tbh.
Joleee
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vapordave)
Oh, he's definitely on something. Either that or he has a serious psychiatric condition.
I feel bad for him tbh.
ugh i'm still on prsom anyway, same :sadnod:
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joleee)

He has often come across like a cocaine addict, but as others are saying, some of it may just be the result of a personality disorder.
MatureStudent37
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Surely that's true of all far left and far right people really.
Fixed that for you FOC.
anarchism101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tired grifter who lost attention trying to regain it with publicity stunt.
tazarooni89
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's funny how we all accuse him of attention seeking for saying that he's not gay and that conversion therapy did work for him. Imagine if he made the opposite claim and people said that about him. It seems that we consider people to be "so brave for being true to themselves" if we like them and agree with them, but "just an attention seeker" if we don't.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tazarooni89)
It's funny how we all accuse him of attention seeking for saying that he's not gay and that conversion therapy did work for him. Imagine if he made the opposite claim and people said that about him. It seems that we consider people to be "so brave for being true to themselves" if we like them and agree with them, but "just an attention seeker" if we don't.
It's less the announcement about his sexuality and more the announcement about his sexuality at the same time he announces a plan to become the staunch defender of a field of discredited, disgraced and dangerous pseudoscience.
Last edited by Gofre; 1 month ago
username5252758
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aww... you naivety is quite quaint. I take it you've never come across Milo Yiannopoulos before. If you had, you'd be aware that he has made a career out of talking garbage with the hope of shocking. This all came to an end a couple of years ago after even his alt-right friends declared him a person non grata over his comments regarding paedophilia. This is his latest attempt to be relevant again.

You'd be wise to not take the verbal diarrhoea that comes out his mouth so seriously.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm happy for him 🙂
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MatureStudent37)
Fixed that for you FOC.
It's funny that the views considered far right were considered the norm a few decades ago.

As society has become more left wing mental health problems have gone through the roof. I believe studies have shown and certainly anecdotally left wing people are far more likely to suffer from mental health issues Esp anxiety than right wing people.

That said I think labelling people as mentally deficienct for their political beliefs is wrong despite being typical of the left and increasingly the liberal centre. A holdover of their USSR days in some cases.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He's also no longer relevant.

(hence why he's desperately trying extreme things to get back to where he was)
tazarooni89
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
It's less the announcement about his sexuality and more the announcement about his sexuality at the same time he announces a plan to become the staunch defender of a field of discredited, disgraced and dangerous pseudoscience.
Surely the two are directly related rather than just being said "at the same time". If indeed he is straight now (and of course, only he really knows what he feels on the inside), then that would imply that it is possible to go from one sexuality to another (even if one doesn't agree with the methods typically used to try and make that happen).

Aww... you naivety is quite quaint. I take it you've never come across Milo Yiannopoulos before. If you had, you'd be aware that he has made a career out of talking garbage with the hope of shocking. This all came to an end a couple of years ago after even his alt-right friends declared him a person non grata over his comments regarding paedophilia. This is his latest attempt to be relevant again.

You'd be wise to not take the verbal diarrhoea that comes out his mouth so seriously.
I'm aware of who he is.

My point is that the only reason why you think he has "made a career out of talking garbage with the hope of shocking" and that "this is his latest attempt to be relevant again" is just because you disagree with what he says. There are plenty of people who agree with a lot of what he says and just see him as someone who speaks with brutal honesty. Only he knows what his inner thoughts and intentions really are, and it could be that your interpretation of them is correct. But remember that said interpretation will be very easily biased depending on which side of the fence you happen to sit on.
username4969948
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Surely the two are directly related rather than just being said "at the same time". If indeed he is straight now (and of course, only he really knows what he feels on the inside), then that would imply that it is possible to go from one sexuality to another (even if one doesn't agree with the methods typically used to try and make that happen).

I'm aware of who he is.

My point is that the only reason why you think he has "made a career out of talking garbage with the hope of shocking" and that "this is his latest attempt to be relevant again" is just because you disagree with what he says. There are plenty of people who agree with a lot of what he says and just see him as someone who speaks with brutal honesty. Only he knows what his inner thoughts and intentions really are, and it could be that your interpretation of them is correct. But remember that said interpretation will be very easily biased depending on which side of the fence you happen to sit on.
I hope this is intended as satire.
Tolgash
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's true, but we could only conclude that it simply may be possible. Why is he supporting conversion therapy rather than trying to find a different method that isn't, as one put it, discredited, disgraced and dangerous? There's a reason it's banned in many countries. It seems more probable that he just seeks attention.
Last edited by Tolgash; 1 month ago
Monkey at Zoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Milo Yiannopoulos, far right agitator and generally confused person, has renounced his gay marriage and status and declared that conversion therapy works.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-therapy.html

His husband, John Lewis, is now just a housemate apparently.

Transsexuals are now 'demonic' and he is going to devote the next ten years to reviving Conversion Therapy (banned in a number of countries) and condemning gayness.

Just wondering if there is any depth this guy won't plunge into in order to get publicity and make himself known.
Sounds like a pretty fu©ked up guy!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (162)
41.43%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (56)
14.32%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (165)
42.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.05%

Watched Threads