Shazam16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys

Saw there was no topic on this so thought I'd create a discussion

How did you find the ACA Audit and Assurance exam on Monday?

Did anyone's data analytics software crash or being really slow? Mine struggled to load up information and as a result I wrote pretty generic answers for my audit procedures but I have complained to ICAEW and filled out a special consideration. If you also had issues - I would recommend you doing the same .

I think I panicked and rushed my answers at the end. Question 4, the first scenario, I said a qualified opinion instead of a disclaimer - still pretty bummed out about that. Felt in question 3 the last two entities, there was not much to talk about? How did you guys find it?

Could anyone remind me what the last SFQ was?
- I know there was cash flow forecast - engagement letter
- Person receiving an offer from an audited for
- How to auditors plan for fraud and during the audit?
- Cash register - consequence and recommendations
- Legal audit procedures

- I cannot remember the final SFQ, can someone help me out please

I am hoping ICAEW are lenient with the marking and I am praying I did enough to get a pass.
GHay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shazam16)
Hey guys

Did anyone's data analytics software crash or being really slow? Mine struggled to load up information and as a result I wrote pretty generic answers for my audit procedures but I have complained to ICAEW and filled out a special consideration. If you also had issues - I would recommend you doing the same .

I think I panicked and rushed my answers at the end. Question 4, the first scenario, I said a qualified opinion instead of a disclaimer - still pretty bummed out about that. Felt in question 3 the last two entities, there was not much to talk about? How did you guys find it?

- Legal audit procedures

I am hoping ICAEW are lenient with the marking and I am praying I did enough to get a pass.
Sorry I cannot remember the last SFQ question, all seems a bit of a blur now! I do remember not having too much to write on those two in Q3.
I didn't even attempt to use Inflo in the end, sounds like a lot of people had issues with it though! It was painfully slow when we were doing mocks, and seemed to waste time. Hopefully will have put enough procedures down to pull through!

Good luck and hopefully results are what you expected!
Ryanrr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Shazam16)
Hey guys

- Legal audit procedures

Dude I did FM and the software basically crashed and wouldnt load further questions. ICAEW asked me to submit what i had and apply for special considerations. Think they might void my exam. Spent 2 hours with ICAEW to fix these IT issues and nothing worked.
Shazam16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ryanrr)
Dude I did FM and the software basically crashed and wouldnt load further questions. ICAEW asked me to submit what i had and apply for special considerations. Think they might void my exam. Spent 2 hours with ICAEW to fix these IT issues and nothing worked.
Ah that is very unusual! Hopefully ICAEW reimburse you and void the exam!! So frustrating that is! Did they say when you can possibly retake it? It will be really annoying if you can only retake in June especially considering it’s not your fault! They should of made sure all softwares were working properly and optimised for each system!
Shazam16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GHay)
Sorry I cannot remember the last SFQ question, all seems a bit of a blur now! I do remember not having too much to write on those two in Q3.
I didn't even attempt to use Inflo in the end, sounds like a lot of people had issues with it though! It was painfully slow when we were doing mocks, and seemed to waste time. Hopefully will have put enough procedures down to pull through!

Good luck and hopefully results are what you expected!
Hopefully they mark leniently and make sure you fill out a special consideration form - the more people do it, the more they have to consider the impact of the slow Inflo software.

Hopefully the generic audit procedures I put especially for revenue is okay but we shall see!!

Hope it all goes well for you and best of luck with your result.
Hafan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi. Did anyone get a reply from ICAEW re time lag/ delay on inflow software? ICAEW replied to me saying the special consideration is being rejected because “ICAEW are unable to take responsibility for the strength and speed of a student’s internet connection. It was decided that the time taken for the Data Analytics software to load was dependent on the individual’s internet connection.”I just felt that it’s an unfair decision... as if my internet connection is bad then the time must’ve paused or I must’ve had disconnected from the exam software itself. Is anyone facing the same issue?
Ryanrr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hafan)
Hi. Did anyone get a reply from ICAEW re time lag/ delay on inflow software? ICAEW replied to me saying the special consideration is being rejected because “ICAEW are unable to take responsibility for the strength and speed of a student’s internet connection. It was decided that the time taken for the Data Analytics software to load was dependent on the individual’s internet connection.”I just felt that it’s an unfair decision... as if my internet connection is bad then the time must’ve paused or I must’ve had disconnected from the exam software itself. Is anyone facing the same issue?
My application was accepted but my software stopped loading and it said "no internet connection". So I could finish half my exam but I feel like mine is more extreme than yours?
Shazam16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Hafan)
What?! Are they kidding me!? That is soo unfair! My special consideration was accepted. I was plugged in via Ethernet cable and it was still slow and it was slow during the mocks. Everyone I spoke too had issues with Inflow and its ICAEW's fault for releasing faulty software! Surely if it was a slow internet issue, Proctar would have prompted a message? Please push your complaint further as that is such a stupid conclusion by them. But how did you find the exam Hafan?
Shazam16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Ryanrr)
My application was accepted but my software stopped loading and it said "no internet connection". So I could finish half my exam but I feel like mine is more extreme than yours?
Ah that is the exam software, we are talking about the inflow software. I think inflow is only used in CSR and AA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (150)
42.37%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (53)
14.97%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (143)
40.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed