izbiety123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I applied to UofA on 26th February for a masters. How long, on average, does it take for an admission decision?
callmeartemis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by izbiety123)
I applied to UofA on 26th February for a masters. How long, on average, does it take for an admission decision?
Hey! What did you apply for? And did you get a second mail to confirm your details by uploading a passport copy?
izbiety123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by callmeartemis)
Hey! What did you apply for? And did you get a second mail to confirm your details by uploading a passport copy?
Hey! i applied for Archival and Information Studies! Yes, they emailed me a few days ago saying that they've received by passport copy and I "not receive any further confirmation on this process".
callmeartemis
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! i applied for Archival and Information Studies! Yes, they emailed me a few days ago saying that they've received by passport copy and I "not receive any further confirmation on this process".
Ah yes. Same here. I've applied to New Media and Digital Culture.
izbiety123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey,

Has your application status changed at all recently? Mine has not.
callmeartemis
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey,

Has your application status changed at all recently? Mine has not.
not at all. Honestly, I'm giving it at least 8 weeks. I've applied to two UK universities too and the applications have crossed the 8-week mark and still in the first stage. COVID has been hard for colleges.
flyingkai
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I sent in my application for the media studies programme in November, and got my response in early March. I sent in an application for the communication science programme at the same time, and got a response in December. The response time seems to vary a lot by faculty and depending on your application.
izbiety123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by flyingkai)
I sent in my application for the media studies programme in November, and got my response in early March. I sent in an application for the communication science programme at the same time, and got a response in December. The response time seems to vary a lot by faculty and depending on your application.
Oh woah, thats a very long wait! I wonder when i'll hear back! Hopefully before August! i have emailed them to ask, but have yet to receive a reponse!
callmeartemis
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My application status just changed to "Admission Decision" on the UvA portal. Now I'm so anxious :eek: This is my 4th week I think.
izbiety123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My application status just changed to "Admission Decision" on the UvA portal. Now I'm so anxious :eek: This is my 4th week I think.
oh really! Exciting! It's also my fourth week but mine still says "Preliminary Checks"
Last edited by izbiety123; 2 weeks ago
callmeartemis
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Any updates on your application? I haven't received any mails even after my application status changed to "admission decision"
izbiety123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Same. No change since “admission decision”
Oliveoooo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So do I!:eek:
EP25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi everyone! I'm going through the same anxiety. I applied for the UvA social science research master's program in late January and, since my application has got stuck in the "admissions decision" stage for a while now - I'd say three weeks roughly- , I've started to lose hope. The thing is I need to respond to an offer from a different uni soonish and I'm not sure how I should handle it... (Same for Leiden and Utrecht... no responses yet). Do you think there's still hope for these three or is it more of a lost game already?
Last edited by EP25; 1 week ago
callmeartemis
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by EP25)
Hi everyone! I'm going through the same anxiety. I applied for the UvA social science research master's program in late January and, since my application has got stuck in the "admissions decision" stage for a while now - I'd say three weeks roughly- , I've started to lose hope. The thing is I need to respond to an offer from a different uni soonish and I'm not sure how I should handle it... (Same for Leiden and Utrecht... no responses yet). Do you think there's still hope for these three or is it more of a lost game already?
I think there's still hope honestly. Universities are just trying to cope with COVID. I have heard of a few people who got positive offers after 14 weeks of applying also (UK Universities). Don't worry.
EP25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think there's still hope honestly. Universities are just trying to cope with COVID. I have heard of a few people who got positive offers after 14 weeks of applying also (UK Universities). Don't worry.
Hey, thanks. You're right. Covid doesn't make it easy. Fingers crossed. I wish you best of luck and to receive the good news soon!
honoragibbons
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey there! I also applied to the Archival and Information Studies program on March 1 and have been on "Admission Decision" for about 5 weeks now! Any updates on your end? Fingers crossed for the both of us. x
izbiety123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by honoragibbons)
Hey there! I also applied to the Archival and Information Studies program on March 1 and have been on "Admission Decision" for about 5 weeks now! Any updates on your end? Fingers crossed for the both of us. x
Hey!
I’ve heard nothing yet! Still waiting ? Any updates ?good luck !
oogold
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Applied 8 weeks ago and still on the "preliminary checks" stage.... going to send an email and ask when I can expect to hear any sort of update, getting a bit stressed now
izbiety123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by oogold)
Applied 8 weeks ago and still on the "preliminary checks" stage.... going to send an email and ask when I can expect to hear any sort of update, getting a bit stressed now
I wouldn’t worry too much. Their system seems to be very random!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.02%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.7%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.9%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.86%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.17%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.75%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.05%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.75%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.75%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.31%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
2.02%

Watched Threads