The Student Room Group

Transferring universities

Hi all, I'm wanting to transfer from Brighton Uni to UWE Bristol just because covid has had a impact on me and I'd prefer to be closer to home. Is it ever possible to transfer partway through the year or is it more likely i'll be able to transfer on to my second year (it's the same course). I really don't want to start from first year again as I'm already two years out of Alevels.
Original post by iz ee
Hi all, I'm wanting to transfer from Brighton Uni to UWE Bristol just because covid has had a impact on me and I'd prefer to be closer to home. Is it ever possible to transfer partway through the year or is it more likely i'll be able to transfer on to my second year (it's the same course). I really don't want to start from first year again as I'm already two years out of Alevels.

You can’t transfer mid year.
You need to apply asap through ucas if you want to transfer for second year.
There’s a University Transfer FAQ thread at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum. The first thread explains more.
Original post by iz ee

You won't be able to transfer at this stage - your best bet is to email UWE and ask if they will allow you to transfer at the start of year 2.

This will only be possible if your current course has very similar modules to the first year modules at UWE and they have vacancies. Its worth asking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending