annonymous1984
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so devastated to not have gotten a place. Anyone knows what happens next?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
did you guys get your SJT results as well or do we have to wait for those? cant seem to find anything on oriel.
annonymous1984
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
did you guys get your SJT results as well or do we have to wait for those? cant seem to find anything on oriel.
i can't even log into oriel to see anything there. Just had the email. am so gutted but then from what I have read so far it looks like there is much hope
Dogtor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same. I've never wanted a hug so badly before. But can't even have that coz of covid.
I'm really sad
annonymous2727
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by annonymous1984)
i can't even log into oriel to see anything there. Just had the email. am so gutted but then from what I have read so far it looks like there is much hope
yeah it is really upsetting and less than ideal but fingers crossed we all get a job in the end. soon we should be recieving another email telling us how many we are and where we are ranked among the others. then we wait until April when they will start allocating the spots that open up.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by annonymous2727)
yeah it is really upsetting and less than ideal but fingers crossed we all get a job in the end. soon we should be recieving another email telling us how many we are and where we are ranked among the others. then we wait until April when they will start allocating the spots that open up.
Do you know when we will get the email? like tomorrow??
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
i don't know with 100% certainty but i hope tomorrow yeah. but this are the scores of the people of last year.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hdi13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely devastated
annonymous1984
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hdi13)
Absolutely devastated
I was so hoping to put all this behind me to focus on finals and the rest of these loooong years. seems like a lot more waiting. From what I have read, seems like people sometimes end up in their top choice so let's see what luck brings
Hdi13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I get how you feel. Finals coming up soon, and what little motivation there was was left after 6 years is pretty much gone

Hopefully things will work out ok in the end.

Sending all you guys a virtual hug
Noallocation
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would it be right to not have a complete meltdown if you haven't been allocated yet? Anyone who hasn't been allocated I feel your pain
Last edited by Noallocation; 1 month ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hdi13)
I get how you feel. Finals coming up soon, and what little motivation there was was left after 6 years is pretty much gone

Hopefully things will work out ok in the end.

Sending all you guys a virtual hug
I have finals next week and I've just lost all the motivation to continue like, is there a point in even trying anymore
H.E.R
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have finals next week and I've just lost all the motivation to continue like, is there a point in even trying anymore
Please don't give up, you are at the finish line. Keep revising, everyone on the reserve list got a job last year.
UKFP2021
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup, wasn't allocated either. Must have bombed the SJT. My EPM score was 40, what about you guys? not sure how bad that is. seems like with Brexit, and getting rid of the PLAB made things harder for us.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
I know my EPM wasn't good but I don't think I did that bad in SJT... Still no allocation and I'm so devastated about not getting a job
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by UKFP2021)
Yup, wasn't allocated either. Must have bombed the SJT. My EPM score was 40, what about you guys? not sure how bad that is. seems like with Brexit, and getting rid of the PLAB made things harder for us.
assuming cut off is approx 70 you must have scored around 30 on sjt? (think they say 29 is like exceptionally low)
Anonymous #6
Report 1 month ago
I really just don't understand what happens next. It's taken so long to get this far and now I don't know how to feel or what to do
H.E.R
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by UKFP2021)
They did not get rid of the PLAB exams for UKFPO 2021. Even with BREXIT EU nationals still do not have to write the PLAB because they have an acceptable European qualification. EU nationals did not have to write PLAB exams before BREXIT. What happens after BREXIT is that any doctor who trained in the EU regardless of nationality do not have to write the PLAB exams because they have an acceptable European qualification, but this will take place from 2021 and beyond.

The GMC changed their laws from January 1, 2021 and the UKFPO will change their rules for UKFPO 2022.

Doctors who trained outside the EU have always had to write the PLAB exams PRE-BREXIT and will still have to write the PLAB exams POST-BREXIT.
Last edited by H.E.R; 1 month ago
smp95
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just got an email saying I haven't been allocated, nothing about being on the reserve list. Did anyone else get similar?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (157)
4.94%
Uncertainty around my education (465)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (353)
11.11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (443)
13.95%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (150)
4.72%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (190)
5.98%
Loneliness (276)
8.69%
Financial worries (114)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (127)
4%
Exposure to negative news/social media (145)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (175)
5.51%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (282)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (299)
9.41%

Watched Threads