The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

uni of birmingham muslim student accomadation

hi i was just wondering if there's any other Muslim female students starting at uni of Birmingham in September and what your thinking about accommodation (uni halls or private shared flat etc)
You could message the Islam society on Instagram and ask them for help. I’m pretty sure they could find you other Muslim sisters to share an accom with.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Anonymous
hi i was just wondering if there's any other Muslim female students starting at uni of Birmingham in September and what your thinking about accommodation (uni halls or private shared flat etc)

I’m also starting uob this September. I haven’t decide d on the accommodation. I’m looking to stay in halls. Have you decided on yours?
Hey I’m starting uob in September. I’m been trying to find more Muslim females that are going to uob.

Hi, I have recently applied for my accomodation for university of birmingham and I feel like its quite muslim friendly as there are option of no alcohol accomodation which is a plus. I will be starting my course in September if I do get in so I think this accomodation is a very good deal.
Hey I’m starting uob in September. I’m been trying to find more Muslim females that are going to uob. My sc is iqqy222.

I think its actually quite nice to have people with the same faith as you in a new environment. Also trying to find muslim females who will be going to Birmingham starting September

Hi i think private flats are better for us, I plan to just drive there because i dont live that far away but in uni accommodations i think males and females share flats so private female shared accommodations are better ig
Hi i think private flats are better for us, I plan to just drive there because i dont live that far away but in uni accommodations i think males and females share flats so private female shared accommodations are better ig

Hello,

Private accommodation is a great option! That being said, I thought I'd just chip in to let you know that there is the option to stay in a same sex flat in uob. There are different options as well, like a 'quiet' flat (ie people that don't want a lot of noise), alcohol free flats and so on :smile:

Best of luck with your application,
-Faye
Original post by UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences
Hello,

Private accommodation is a great option! That being said, I thought I'd just chip in to let you know that there is the option to stay in a same sex flat in uob. There are different options as well, like a 'quiet' flat (ie people that don't want a lot of noise), alcohol free flats and so on :smile:

Best of luck with your application,
-Faye

Thank you!!!
Original post by Aisha02xx
Hi, I have recently applied for my accomodation for university of birmingham and I feel like its quite muslim friendly as there are option of no alcohol accomodation which is a plus. I will be starting my course in September if I do get in so I think this accomodation is a very good deal.

Hi, I’m also a Muslim planning to start in Sep. Which accommodation have you applied to with the no alcohol option??
Original post by Irdina Ayub
Hi, I’m also a Muslim planning to start in Sep. Which accommodation have you applied to with the no alcohol option??

Hi!

Me too I'm looking for an all girl muslim accommodation I thought it was odd they don't have a halal option I thought that was common? Hopefully get an all girl muslim flat! Where have you guys applied to?

It may be useful to know each others if we have the same top ones might have a higher chance if getting them... also did you put any other preferences?
It may be useful to know each others if we have the same top ones might have a higher chance if getting them... also did you put any other preferences?

I haven’t finalized my accom yet but thinking bout mason and bournbrook. My snap is @irdina8, if you’d like, we can discuss more on there.
I haven’t finalized my accom yet but thinking bout mason and bournbrook. My snap is @irdina8, if you’d like, we can discuss more on there.

Just did! :biggrin:

I have seen some private accommodations but im not sure if I would actually meet anyone from the university because covid and all but private does look a lot nicer are you going private?
Hi i’m also a muslim starting uob in september hopefully. What have u guys decided on for accommodation
Hey! Eisha here from Pakistan. Kindky reach me out on Instagram @eshh._.owo
Hi,
I'm also joining university of Birmingham this sept. I haven't decided on the type of accommodation yet.
I'm looking for private accommodations but haven't found anything yet. What about you?
Any luck?

Quick Reply

Latest