Green Party peer calls for ALL MEN to face a 6pm CURFEW

Watch
Poll: Should there be a 6pm curfew for all men?
Yes (3)
9.68%
No (28)
90.32%
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
it isn't party policy and she said she wasn't being serious when she said it. says Baroness Jones -

"I was just trying to highlight that when the police victim blame by asking women to stay home, we don't react. We just think it's normal."

Asked if this would just be inflicting on men what women have to endure, even though it is self-imposed, she replied: "Exactly. That's my exact point."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sk...point-12243462

so there's no need to panic that someone was being facetious in the House of Commons; if anyone watches Parliament on YouTube you'd know it's not unusual to do so. tbh not sure how this made the news when there were like 5 people in the House that night, but guess cuz it's in relation to Sarah Everard missing person/murder case and its public interest.
Wanttobreakfree
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joleee)
it isn't party policy and she said she wasn't being serious when she said it. says Baroness Jones -

"I was just trying to highlight that when the police victim blame by asking women to stay home, we don't react. We just think it's normal."

Asked if this would just be inflicting on men what women have to endure, even though it is self-imposed, she replied: "Exactly. That's my exact point."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sk...point-12243462

so there's no need to panic that someone was being facetious in the House of Commons; if anyone watches Parliament on YouTube you'd know it's not unusual to do so. tbh not sure how this made the news when there were like 5 people in the House that night, but guess cuz it's in relation to Sarah Everard missing person/murder case and its public interest.
Just usual right wing outrage culture.
Azagthoa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
MSP Hannah Bardell has also suggested the 6pm curfew for men: https://www.thenational.scot/news/19...omen-murdered/.

I think there may be some merit to this idea. If it helps women feel safer on the streets then it is worth considering.
-Imperator-
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Azagthoa)
MSP Hannah Bardell has also suggested the 6pm curfew for men: https://www.thenational.scot/news/19...omen-murdered/.

I think there may be some merit to this idea. If it helps women feel safer on the streets then it is worth considering.
I wouldn't hold your breath.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So what two posters gave voted yes on this.... lord above
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I see the conservative reactionaries are getting offended by some imagined grievance again. :rolleyes:
Wanttobreakfree
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by QE2)
I see the conservative reactionaries are getting offended by some imagined grievance again. :rolleyes:
Nothing new there.
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
So what two posters gave voted yes on this.... lord above
Indeed! But there are three posters who voted yes... Guess who is one of them!!

By the way, good morning Mr Burton!!
I have heard from you for a long time now...

I don't understand what is the problem with the curfew of men after 6pm?? Or even earlier... Men are posing serious threats to our society. Not all are violent, aggressive, nasty, and having the potential of breaking the law or be really violent against women, but men are men and we all know what are they capable of doing..
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GodAtum)
So do you agree, and how enforcable will it be?
It's not enforceable because who would police it, and I mean that literally? Male police officers couldn't be on the streets to watch over women, not that the latter would have anything to go out for because there'd be no male bus or taxi drivers, and those who use public transport to get to and from work after 6pm wouldn't be able to do so, and those who drive or get a lift couldnt walk fron where they park their cars. Hence no late shopping, cinema, theatre, bars, gyms, restaurants, after-school clubs, uniformed organisations, hobby and interest meetings, family dinners.

Worse than any lockdown we've had!
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Surnia)
It's not enforceable because who would police it, and I mean that literally? Male police officers couldn't be on the streets to watch over women, not that the latter would have anything to go out for because there'd be no male bus or taxi drivers, and those who use public transport to get to and from work after 6pm wouldn't be able to do so, and those who drive or get a lift couldnt walk fron where they park their cars. Hence no late shopping, cinema, theatre, bars, gyms, restaurants, after-school clubs, uniformed organisations, hobby and interest meetings, family dinners.

Worse than any lockdown we've had!
That's why we need many more female police officers, female bus drivers, female taxi drivers, etc.

Forget about men. It's a menace to our society.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by QE2)
I see the usual left wing missionaries are playing down another one of those nutters they have on their side again.
Driving_Mad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No wonder no one votes for the Green Party
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
I see the usual left wing missionaries are playing down another one of those nutters they have on their side again.
Nothing left wing about these idoits, the green party are just a bunch of clowns plain and simple. Nothing left wing about knee jerk nonsense like this.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 month ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Indeed! But there are three posters who voted yes... Guess who is one of them!!

By the way, good morning Mr Burton!!
I have heard from you for a long time now...

I don't understand what is the problem with the curfew of men after 6pm?? Or even earlier... Men are posing serious threats to our society. Not all are violent, aggressive, nasty, and having the potential of breaking the law or be really violent against women, but men are men and we all know what are they capable of doing..
You suffer amnesia as well, poor thing
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by QE2)
Ad hominem.

See you haven't changed boat.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ad hominem.
See you haven't changed boat.
*spproiinnggg!!!*

Also see you still don't understand what "ad hominem" means.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nothing left wing about these idoits, the green party are just a bunch of clowns plain and simple. Nothing left wing about knee jerk nonsense like this.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nice to have you back, talking sense as well.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Nice to have you back, talking sense as well.
PSOM
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You suffer amnesia as well, poor thing
Good evening Mr Burton!

Good to hear from you again...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (190)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (552)
14.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (420)
11.16%
Lack of purpose or motivation (518)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (188)
4.99%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (225)
5.98%
Loneliness (316)
8.39%
Financial worries (138)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (146)
3.88%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.46%
Lack of real life entertainment (214)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (336)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (354)
9.4%

Watched Threads