The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway accommodation

I’m planning on studying at Royal Holloway this year but I’m debating whether or not I should stay on campus, I think it would be great to be close to the uni and be more involved but I’m also Muslim and not into the whole drinking scene. I also don’t live that far about 1hr and 20mins or so should I just commute or live on campus?
lol 1 hour 20 minutes is a long commute. the average commute in London is 40 minutes. I don't think its a great idea to commute 1 hour 20 minutes every day into university and back home. Waste of time in my opinion
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by ItsJcesar
lol 1 hour 20 minutes is a long commute. the average commute in London is 40 minutes. I don't think its a great idea to commute 1 hour 20 minutes every day into university and back home. Waste of time in my opinion

Yh but realistically I won’t be going to uni everyday and i was planning to get my driving license so I can drive there instead and that would take 37 mins
Original post by Zaaaxaaa
Yh but realistically I won’t be going to uni everyday and i was planning to get my driving license so I can drive there instead and that would take 37 mins

To be honest, it depends on what you will be studying and the timetable given to you when you start uni. Youll be there a minimum of 3 days a week, possibly 4. Which would amount to roughly 5 hours of travel time. (if students are allowed to return to university due to coronavirus)

Driving is a better alternative :smile: I'm sure you're aware of the amount petrol would cost and road tax etc etc... which would be cheaper than living on campus. So driving is your best option if you don't want to live on campus and don't want to sacrifice that hefty 5 hour commute time per week.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Zaaaxaaa
I’m planning on studying at Royal Holloway this year but I’m debating whether or not I should stay on campus, I think it would be great to be close to the uni and be more involved but I’m also Muslim and not into the whole drinking scene. I also don’t live that far about 1hr and 20mins or so should I just commute or live on campus?

i think live on campus, i am the same as u and am not into drinking and want to get my license. i will be staying on campus
Is the move-in date posted? I'm trying to get like a general idea of flights in stuff so I can make an excel sheet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending