Zaaaxaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m planning on studying at Royal Holloway this year but I’m debating whether or not I should stay on campus, I think it would be great to be close to the uni and be more involved but I’m also Muslim and not into the whole drinking scene. I also don’t live that far about 1hr and 20mins or so should I just commute or live on campus?
ItsJcesar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
lol 1 hour 20 minutes is a long commute. the average commute in London is 40 minutes. I don't think its a great idea to commute 1 hour 20 minutes every day into university and back home. Waste of time in my opinion
Zaaaxaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by ItsJcesar)
lol 1 hour 20 minutes is a long commute. the average commute in London is 40 minutes. I don't think its a great idea to commute 1 hour 20 minutes every day into university and back home. Waste of time in my opinion
Yh but realistically I won’t be going to uni everyday and i was planning to get my driving license so I can drive there instead and that would take 37 mins
ItsJcesar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Zaaaxaaa)
Yh but realistically I won’t be going to uni everyday and i was planning to get my driving license so I can drive there instead and that would take 37 mins
To be honest, it depends on what you will be studying and the timetable given to you when you start uni. Youll be there a minimum of 3 days a week, possibly 4. Which would amount to roughly 5 hours of travel time. (if students are allowed to return to university due to coronavirus)

Driving is a better alternative I'm sure you're aware of the amount petrol would cost and road tax etc etc... which would be cheaper than living on campus. So driving is your best option if you don't want to live on campus and don't want to sacrifice that hefty 5 hour commute time per week.
Last edited by ItsJcesar; 2 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zaaaxaaa)
I’m planning on studying at Royal Holloway this year but I’m debating whether or not I should stay on campus, I think it would be great to be close to the uni and be more involved but I’m also Muslim and not into the whole drinking scene. I also don’t live that far about 1hr and 20mins or so should I just commute or live on campus?
i think live on campus, i am the same as u and am not into drinking and want to get my license. i will be staying on campus
AMANDASCANNELL
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is the move-in date posted? I'm trying to get like a general idea of flights in stuff so I can make an excel sheet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (11)
11.22%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (62)
63.27%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
9.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
2.04%

Watched Threads