kate444
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, hoping someone will be able to help me and clarify exactly how deferred entries work as there seems to be limited information on the UCAS website.
I've applied for a deferred entry (starting 2022) in all of my choices and have received conditional offers back from all 5 choices for a 2022 start. I'm just not sure about the deadlines on things so if anyone could answer the following questions that would be great:

1. When do I have to choose my firm and insurance choices by? Is it the same deadline as the 2021 applicants?

2. Presuming that it is the same deadline is the same (hoping its not!), when do I have to choose between my insurance and firm choices? e.g. can I wait until 2022 to choose which university to go to, or do I have to choose as soon as I get my A Level results?

3. If I change my mind within the next year about what course I want to take/ uni to go to, can I apply through UCAS again for different courses in the 2022 cycle whilst also keeping my choices from this year?

Any other advice or information would be hugely appreciated, thank you.
stephsmhb
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by kate444)
Hi, hoping someone will be able to help me and clarify exactly how deferred entries work as there seems to be limited information on the UCAS website.
I've applied for a deferred entry (starting 2022) in all of my choices and have received conditional offers back from all 5 choices for a 2022 start. I'm just not sure about the deadlines on things so if anyone could answer the following questions that would be great:

1. When do I have to choose my firm and insurance choices by? Is it the same deadline as the 2021 applicants?

2. Presuming that it is the same deadline is the same (hoping its not!), when do I have to choose between my insurance and firm choices? e.g. can I wait until 2022 to choose which university to go to, or do I have to choose as soon as I get my A Level results?

3. If I change my mind within the next year about what course I want to take/ uni to go to, can I apply through UCAS again for different courses in the 2022 cycle whilst also keeping my choices from this year?

Any other advice or information would be hugely appreciated, thank you.
1. You have the same deadline as 2021 applicants, which i think is June but i'm not sure. It should say on your ucas track
2. You choose on results day.
3. Yes you can reapply again in 2022 if you change your mind but you will lose your current offers/choices.
kate444
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by stephsmhb)
1. You have the same deadline as 2021 applicants, which i think is June but i'm not sure. It should say on your ucas track
2. You choose on results day.
3. Yes you can reapply again in 2022 if you change your mind but you will lose your current offers/choices.
Thanks so much for the reply! That's really helped clear things up for me
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What Happens on Results Day : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.86%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.43%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (26)
37.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
17.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed