Ask me anything!! Current BCU Nursing Student

Watch
cececilxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am currently studying Nursing at BCU so if you have any questions ask them and I might be able to help. If its course related I will only really be able to help for my course
03srehal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cececilxo)
I am currently studying Nursing at BCU so if you have any questions ask them and I might be able to help. If its course related I will only really be able to help for my course
Hi, my nursing interview is coming up, would you be able to help me with the type of questions they may ask?
cececilxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by 03srehal)
Hi, my nursing interview is coming up, would you be able to help me with the type of questions they may ask?
From what I gather the basis of the interviews should be the same as what I had. There's no use in giving specific questions because it might throw you off. I must have looked up for hours different questions I could be asked and had a list of answers for about 100 questions, it was completely useless and a waste of my time! Make sure you know the 6 Cs and have an idea of some key skills for nurses as they may ask you those. You might also want to prepare for any scenario based questions e.g. tell me a time when you have had to show compassion for XYZ. Don't be afraid to ask them to repeat or clarify, the interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to in my interview.

Also be aware that if you are in a group setting for any part of it to try and talk to the others, even if you aren't formally being assessed on that part I can almost guarantee they are paying attention to what is going on!
03srehal
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
From what I gather the basis of the interviews should be the same as what I had. There's no use in giving specific questions because it might throw you off. I must have looked up for hours different questions I could be asked and had a list of answers for about 100 questions, it was completely useless and a waste of my time! Make sure you know the 6 Cs and have an idea of some key skills for nurses as they may ask you those. You might also want to prepare for any scenario based questions e.g. tell me a time when you have had to show compassion for XYZ. Don't be afraid to ask them to repeat or clarify, the interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to in my interview.

Also be aware that if you are in a group setting for any part of it to try and talk to the others, even if you aren't formally being assessed on that part I can almost guarantee they are paying attention to what is going on!
Thank you! I will definitely look into that. The scenario questions are the ones I am more worried about.
cececilxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by 03srehal)
Thank you! I will definitely look into that. The scenario questions are the ones I am more worried about.
Personally I do think they're the hardest to answer, just take a second before you give your answer to collect your thoughts. I think they're the hardest to come up with on the spot, it will only be a couple questions maybe but I would try have at least some scenarios in your head that you can draw from
Lmbnurs
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I'll be starting in January 22. I've been reading a lot about students struggling with workload and juggling assignments and placements, I was wondering how intense you find your course and how you deal that?
cececilxo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lmbnurs)
Hi, I'll be starting in January 22. I've been reading a lot about students struggling with workload and juggling assignments and placements, I was wondering how intense you find your course and how you deal that?
Sorry for the delayed response, I have just started placement. There's a lot of work but it is definitely manageable if you keep up with it. If you fall behind it becomes harder. Just make sure you complete stuff at the earliest opportunity and you won't have a problem!
brokenbiscuits
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I'd love to know how you're finding the course and BCU in general? I've applied for Speech and Language Therapy. I know it's a different course but both are healthcare so I'd love to get your views Where else did you apply to and what made you choose BCU? There is a thread in this forum saying some negative things about BCU so I'm worried about potentially making a bad choice!
Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
I'd like to know how the placements work.

How are they assigned? What part or parts of the first year are they in? What do you need to do on the placement? How long do they last? How do the staff treat you?

Thanks
Ruthiej147
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi there , what hours and days are you at uni ? How does the year go with placement days , like how many ? Do you have to work nights? Just getting an idea , just about to start my access course and getting an idea of what the days and times would be with childcare, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (37)
34.26%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (24)
22.22%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (44)
40.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
2.78%

Watched Threads