livsivet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey, I'm Olivia, I'm 23 and a Registered Veterinary Nurse. Thought I would create a thread for mature students applying for VetMed this year for 2022 entry
Phoebeacb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, I'm Phoebe! I'm going to be applying for 2022 entry as well Currently studying Zoology at the university of Edinburgh! Where are you thinking of applying?
livsivet
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Phoebeacb)
Hi, I'm Phoebe! I'm going to be applying for 2022 entry as well Currently studying Zoology at the university of Edinburgh! Where are you thinking of applying?
Hi Phoebe! Lovely to meet you I'm going to be applying to Bristol 4 year, Bristol 5 year, Nottingham and probably Surrey. Bristol is my favourite. What about you?
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by livsivet)
Hi Phoebe! Lovely to meet you I'm going to be applying to Bristol 4 year, Bristol 5 year, Nottingham and probably Surrey. Bristol is my favourite. What about you?
Hi!

It's great to hear to may be applying to Surrey

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni in general, I can help answer them for you Also if you would like to see Surrey from a student's perspective every week then please follow our Instagram page: SurreyStudent

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
Phoebeacb
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi! I’m also going to be applying to the Bristol 4 and 5 year courses and Nottingham! My other choice is RVC
rebeccadillon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Great idea to have started this thread! I'm Rebecca and I'm currently finishing up an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Science in Ireland and am also planning to apply for Veterinary in 2022. Currently, Bristol's 4 year course is also top of my list but I'm unsure of the rest. I'm not overly familiar with UCAS - can anyone tell me when it opens for 2022 applications? I know the deadline is in October, so imagine it will open up relatively soon. Thanks
rebeccadillon
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I also meant to ask - are people able to get any work experience right now/how do you think COVID will affect the work experience criteria for 2022 applications?
Phoebeacb
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by rebeccadillon)
Great idea to have started this thread! I'm Rebecca and I'm currently finishing up an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Science in Ireland and am also planning to apply for Veterinary in 2022. Currently, Bristol's 4 year course is also top of my list but I'm unsure of the rest. I'm not overly familiar with UCAS - can anyone tell me when it opens for 2022 applications? I know the deadline is in October, so imagine it will open up relatively soon. Thanks
Hi! I don’t think the UCAS deadline opens up until 1st September for 2022 entry! It then closes on 15th October for vet med

As for work experience, the unis took it into account for this years applicants, so they will do for us too! I’ve got a couple of weeks at a vet practice so far and have done a few online courses, there’s a great one that all the vet schools have put together and most of them count it in place of a weeks worth of experience. It’s on FuturLearn and it’s free!
livsivet
Rep:
?
Hi! I’m also going to be applying to the Bristol 4 and 5 year courses and Nottingham! My other choice is RVC
That's great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us all this year!
livsivet
Rep:
?
Hi again Rebecca I was gonna say the same as Phoebe, there's actually not too long between the opening and closing date for applications! I'm praying we all get in this year!
rebeccadillon
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thanks so much guys, that's all so useful! Fingers and toes crossed for everyone! It would be great to know a few names before starting
Phoebeacb
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Are any of you guys considering applying to vet schools in Europe? Or just in the UK?
rebeccadillon
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Are any of you guys considering applying to vet schools in Europe? Or just in the UK?
I was initially going to apply to Budapest as my number 1 as I thought it would be cheaper than the UK (when things were still uncertain with Brexit), but now the UK is the cheaper option for me, so any UK vet school I apply to will be my preference, but I may still put Budapest as a back up. I had also considered Poland, which is cheaper than Hungary but I'm not sure that their style of teaching would suit me so much, so have put it on the back burner. I have also heard that it's difficult to fund courses in other European countries as a second degree - there aren't many options, so people often have to pay out of pocket, which is obviously not an option for the majority of people as it's 12,000 euros per year. Are you considering Europe?
Phoebeacb
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I was initially going to apply to Budapest as my number 1 as I thought it would be cheaper than the UK (when things were still uncertain with Brexit), but now the UK is the cheaper option for me, so any UK vet school I apply to will be my preference, but I may still put Budapest as a back up. I had also considered Poland, which is cheaper than Hungary but I'm not sure that their style of teaching would suit me so much, so have put it on the back burner. I have also heard that it's difficult to fund courses in other European countries as a second degree - there aren't many options, so people often have to pay out of pocket, which is obviously not an option for the majority of people as it's 12,000 euros per year. Are you considering Europe?
Hi! Yeah I’m going to apply to UVM Košice in Slovakia to their graduate entry programme. It’s €8,500 a year there plus we have to pay out of pocket anyway for the UK as there’s no loan for a second degree!
SHughes95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi everyone! Thank you for starting this discussion! I'm Sophia and I studied Zoology for my undergraduate and currently work in animal welfare science and policy. I have 2 weeks of lambing coming up and would like to get a week of clinical experience, although a lot of the practises are saying to get in contact again in the summer. I'm not sure about which courses I am applying to, definitely RVC and Bristol AGEPs, and possibly the new Harper and Keele Vet School and Surrey.

From what I've read, the Bristol course sounds popular, what are people's thoughts? I like the sound of the small, tutor led discussions
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by SHughes95)
Hi everyone! Thank you for starting this discussion! I'm Sophia and I studied Zoology for my undergraduate and currently work in animal welfare science and policy. I have 2 weeks of lambing coming up and would like to get a week of clinical experience, although a lot of the practises are saying to get in contact again in the summer. I'm not sure about which courses I am applying to, definitely RVC and Bristol AGEPs, and possibly the new Harper and Keele Vet School and Surrey.

From what I've read, the Bristol course sounds popular, what are people's thoughts? I like the sound of the small, tutor led discussions
Hi!

It's great to hear you may be applying to Surrey

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni in general, I can help answer them for you Also if you would like to see Surrey from a student's perspective every week then please follow our Instagram page: SurreyStudent

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
sadiereeve
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey, I'm Olivia, I'm 23 and a Registered Veterinary Nurse. Thought I would create a thread for mature students applying for VetMed this year for 2022 entry
Hello,

Can I ask what are your GCSEs? And have you studied a levels? I’m an RVN but looking into studying Vet Med.
Huwaaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi I’m huwa, currently going into third year animal biology, applying for 2022 entry!

My choices:
Harper and Keele 5 year
Rvc 5 year
Bristol 5 year
Surrey 5 year

Phoebeacb
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi! I’m Phoebe, 22 and going into my final year of Biological Science (Zoology) at Uni of Edinburgh. Where are you thinking of applying?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (301)
84.31%
No (56)
15.69%

Watched Threads