Any current English with Creative Writing students?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I can’t decide between Loughborough and Lancaster for English with Creative Writing. Any advice from current students on the course or the university as a whole would be much appreciated.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can’t decide between Loughborough and Lancaster for English with Creative Writing. Any advice from current students on the course or the university as a whole would be much appreciated.
Hi there @Anonymous,

I'm a second year student at Lancaster studying English Literature and Creative Writing.

Personally, I couldn't recommend the degree more highly enough! My degree is 50% English Lit and 50% Creative Writing, but Lancaster also offer options of 75% English Lit and 25% Creative Writing, which you can find here. Additionally, we also offer combinations with English Language, which you can find here too.

I really like the combination of English and Creative Writing because it allows me to apply my critical thinking skills and analysis in reflective practice to my own creative work. In particular, I love creative writing at Lancaster due to the workshop sessions we have, where we submit work every other week for others to provide constructive criticism. Although this may sound scary, it's actually really useful to gain others' perspectives! The department as a whole are super friendly and there are lots of different modules for both English and Creative Writing to suit your own personal interests. If you have specific questions about the course, do let me know! You can also contact me directly on our Unibuddy platform here!

You can also find a blog here about an average week in the life of an English and Creative writing student.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to help!

Maria
2nd year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there,

I don't know if you've already made your decision but I thought I'd signpost you to this page where you will find information about our campus and facilities and also the various activities you can get involved in. Our Student Stories will give you an insight into what our past and current students think about their time at Loughborough. All of our courses have the option of a placement year and we hold one of the largest careers fairs in the UK. We are Top 5 in the UK for graduate prospects in English (Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2021) - you can read more about the course here.

Do let me know if you have any questions
Bindu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (207)
42.95%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (74)
15.35%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (193)
40.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.66%

Watched Threads