Daily Weigh ins

Watch
Nologiccc9111
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Currently my weight has ballooned. Need to lose 20kg in three months.
Current: 87.85
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You're not going to be able to loose 20KG in 3 months.
Nologiccc9111
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
You're not going to be able to loose 20KG in 3 months.
Watch me?
Nologiccc9111
Rep:
?
Anyone been in this position before
Nologiccc9111
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Today; 86.75kg
Laurence00
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Nologiccc9111)
Today; 86.75kg
It’s water weight not actually loss of fat
Nologiccc9111
Rep:
?
86.50kg
Nologiccc9111
Rep:
?
If it’s just water weight when do I actually see a difference then
Nologiccc9111
Rep:
?
86.50 disappointed today with result
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
86.50 disappointed today with result
Hey, I've moved your thread to the health forum

I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself daily as this will lead you to becoming obsessed with your weight and cause unnecessary stress/anxiety. There are so many things that can affect your daily weight - what you've eaten that day, what you've drunk, whether you've been to the toilet, what clothes you're wearing etc. If you want to weigh yourself regularly, make it a weekly thing at the same time each day. I used to weight myself every Sunday morning straight after waking up, before I had eaten anything as this gave myself the most consistency.

Additionally, losing 20KG in 3 months is quite a lot! Don't undertake any dangerous means of losing weight e.g. fad diets, extreme exercise or under-eating. Ensure you're eating a healthy, balanced diet, lots of fruit, veggies and protein and minimise the treats. Basically, eat less and move more. Get more exercise in, even if it's just going for a long walk. You don't necessarily have to get super hot and sweaty doing those fancy Instagram workouts to lose weight.

Everything in moderation also don't be disheartened if you don't hit your "goal weight" in 3 months as there are so many variations. As long as you're a healthy weight, you're fine. Hope this helps
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Hey, I've moved your thread to the health forum

I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself daily as this will lead you to becoming obsessed with your weight and cause unnecessary stress/anxiety. There are so many things that can affect your daily weight - what you've eaten that day, what you've drunk, whether you've been to the toilet, what clothes you're wearing etc. If you want to weigh yourself regularly, make it a weekly thing at the same time each day. I used to weight myself every Sunday morning straight after waking up, before I had eaten anything as this gave myself the most consistency.

Additionally, losing 20KG in 3 months is quite a lot! Don't undertake any dangerous means of losing weight e.g. fad diets, extreme exercise or under-eating. Ensure you're eating a healthy, balanced diet, lots of fruit, veggies and protein and minimise the treats. Basically, eat less and move more. Get more exercise in, even if it's just going for a long walk. You don't necessarily have to get super hot and sweaty doing those fancy Instagram workouts to lose weight.

Everything in moderation also don't be disheartened if you don't hit your "goal weight" in 3 months as there are so many variations. As long as you're a healthy weight, you're fine. Hope this helps
Disagree with your first point, if you weigh yourself everyday u can account for daily fluctuations instead of taking 1 data point that may or may not be inflated, and most people don't become unhealthily obsessed with their weight doing this from what I have seen.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
Disagree with your first point, if you weigh yourself everyday u can account for daily fluctuations instead of taking 1 data point that may or may not be inflated, and most people don't become unhealthily obsessed with their weight doing this from what I have seen.
Ultimately I don't think it's very healthy to be so fixated on your weight that you have to weigh yourself every day. Why does it matter whether you know your weight on Tuesday, or Friday, or Sunday or not? If you feel the need to weigh yourself every day then that's not healthy.
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If it’s just water weight when do I actually see a difference then
I doubt you'd be able to see a difference losing 1kg regardless?

This is an ambitious target! What BMI would 68kg leave you at?

Good luck.

PS not feeling the pics I take it? They would look highly impressive if you managed this. But completely up to you.
Last edited by nexttime; 2 months ago
Archosaur
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Losing 20kg in 3 months is not advised. You're supposed to lose 1-2 pounds a week according to the NHS website. It also reduces the chances of you gaining it all back again.

It took me 10 months to lose 24kg, it could've taken me less due to (not feeling motivated + binge eating some days + plateau) but definitely not 3 months.

If you want to lose weight I would recommend doing HIIT workouts and staying in a calorie deficit but still having a balanced diet.
Last edited by Archosaur; 2 months ago
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Ultimately I don't think it's very healthy to be so fixated on your weight that you have to weigh yourself every day. Why does it matter whether you know your weight on Tuesday, or Friday, or Sunday or not? If you feel the need to weigh yourself every day then that's not healthy.
U don't feel the need, you do it so u have an accurate number for your weight.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
Ok so I was 85.05kg yesterday now I’m 86.05kg... damn
It’s taking longer than I expected!
Might need t water fast next few days
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
so two weeks roughly 2kg.. that’s like 12kg over 3 months. I want at least 15kg!!!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
102kg (6 ft 4)
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
Target for end of month: 82kg!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.01%
England (109)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.36%
Germany (38)
11.76%
Spain (6)
1.86%