Green Party Peer- smoking the green?

Watch
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

We need evidenced based solutions, not bigorty. What an insult to female victims of murder. She is little more than a useful idiot for the far right/ MRAs.
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Data on homicide victims collected by the ONS:

Spoiler:
Show
Adult victims
There were large differences in the profile of victim-suspect relationships between male and female victims. In the year ending March 2020, female victims were more commonly killed by a partner or ex-partner or a family member, while for males the suspected killer was more commonly a friend or acquaintance, stranger or other known person.

Almost half (46%) of adult female homicide victims were killed in a domestic homicide1 (81). These homicides decreased by 24 compared with the previous year. The 81 in the latest year was the lowest figure since relationship data were collected on the Homicide Index in 1977. There has been a general downward trend in the number of domestic homicides over the last 10 years. Males were much less likely to be the victim of a domestic homicide, with only 7% (33) of male homicides being domestic in the latest year. This was an increase of four homicides compared with the previous year.

In just over a third of homicides of a female victim aged 16 years or over, the suspect was their partner or ex-partner (35%, 61 homicides). This was a decrease of 26 homicides compared with the previous year and the 61 homicides was the lowest figure since relationship data were collected on the Homicide Index in 1977. Over the last 10 years, there was an average of 80 female victims a year killed by a partner or ex-partner. In contrast, only 2% of male victims aged 16 years and over were killed by a partner or ex-partner (nine homicides, Appendix Table 12, Figure 6).

The suspect in a homicide was a stranger for a third of male victims (33%, 154 victims). This apparently large increase (an 80% increase compared with the previous year when there were 85 victims) was driven by the 30 male victims of the Essex lorry deaths. Excluding this incident, the latest year saw a return to the levels seen in year ending March 2018 (Appendix Table 12). The suspect was less likely to be a stranger when the victim was female (13%, 23 victims).

In 29% of female homicides recorded in the year ending March 2020, no suspect had been charged for the offence at the time of analysis (51 victims). The percentage of male victims (29%) with no suspect charged was the same (137 victims). These numbers are likely to decrease as the police continue their invest
igations.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...s-and-suspects
Wanttobreakfree
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Be cautious RT is Russian State Media of the Putin dictatorship.
64Lightbulbs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As an american i can find this funny cause it's not my gov't
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (160)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (480)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (369)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (459)
14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (154)
4.7%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (199)
6.07%
Loneliness (280)
8.54%
Financial worries (114)
3.48%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (132)
4.03%
Exposure to negative news/social media (150)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (180)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (295)
9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (307)
9.36%

Watched Threads