infosectings' Year 14 GYG

Watch
infosectings
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey! I'm a gap year student who's doing Maths again to get an A*. Need it to get into CompSci at Manchester, which is my target offer. My old school's announced that exams may start early next month, so I've literally got about 2 weeks at worst to relearn all of Maths (since I haven't even looked at it for about 3 months) and ace whatever tests they want to give me.

I've been wanting to make a GYG since Year 11, but never found the motivation to do so. Speaking of motivation, that's actually been my biggest problem. I'm absolutely sick of worrying about work but then not doing any of it until exams are right around the corner. COVID's not really helped stuff in that department, since I'm so used to wasting time now that it's become a habit. It's probably also my biggest shortcoming, which is why I think this GYG will help. Probably the best thing to illustrate this would be my predicted grades vs what I've actually achieved in the past.

End of Year 10 vs GCSEs:
Spoiler:
Show
5 6s, 3 5s, 2 4s
vs
4 9s, 4 8s, 2 7s

End of Year 12 vs A Levels
Spoiler:
Show
BBC (generous prediction considering I got BDE in mocks)
vs
AAA (one A was from CAGs, other 2 from Autumn Exams)

I resolved to start my maths revision in early Feb, but then couldn't be bothered and waited until the exams announcement. Even after the exams announcement, I couldn't really be bothered and waited until my old school said something. Now they have and I'm bricking it so here's to turning over a new leaf.
GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by infosectings)
Hey! I'm a gap year student who's doing Maths again to get an A*. Need it to get into CompSci at Manchester, which is my target offer. My old school's announced that exams may start early next month, so I've literally got about 2 weeks at worst to relearn all of Maths (since I haven't even looked at it for about 3 months) and ace whatever tests they want to give me.

I've been wanting to make a GYG since Year 11, but never found the motivation to do so. Speaking of motivation, that's actually been my biggest problem. I'm absolutely sick of worrying about work but then not doing any of it until exams are right around the corner. COVID's not really helped stuff in that department, since I'm so used to wasting time now that it's become a habit. It's probably also my biggest shortcoming, which is why I think this GYG will help. Probably the best thing to illustrate this would be my predicted grades vs what I've actually achieved in the past.

End of Year 10 vs GCSEs:
Spoiler:
Show
5 6s, 3 5s, 2 4s
vs
4 9s, 4 8s, 2 7s

End of Year 12 vs A Levels
Spoiler:
Show
BBC (generous prediction considering I got BDE in mocks)
vs
AAA (one A was from CAGs, other 2 from Autumn Exams)

I resolved to start my maths revision in early Feb, but then couldn't be bothered and waited until the exams announcement. Even after the exams announcement, I couldn't really be bothered and waited until my old school said something. Now they have and I'm bricking it so here's to turning over a new leaf.
Good Luck!
Hope you're well:hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads