The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Girls do make the first move if they like you.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

*Some* do. As I've said I've had one single instance to date a girl has made the first move.

Overwhelmingly though, this is not the case.
Reply 3
It's generally seen as a guy thing to do.
Maybe in this 2021 culture shift move, the girls can start improving their confidence and asking the guys out, instead of waiting.
I always make the first move. I tell them how I feel coz I ain't got nuthn to lose. :smile:
I have a couple of times. The first time was quite funny because I told the guy I liked him and he laughed at me, I asked him why are you laughing and he said you liking me doesn't seem real, so in the end we left it at that. A couple years later down the line he bought up the conversation again and he said to me "Remember that time you told me you liked me and I laughed at you? Well guess what, I liked you as well" - prick move but I was over it. Me personally I don't believe in the whole "guys should approach girls first" if you like the person then go for it.
As a girl I think it depends on what the guy is like, I’ve made the first move before and then other times I’ve been more afraid to. It all depends on the vibe you get from the other person.
I make the first move if I like the guy enough.
I've had girls make the first move on me more times than I've made the first move on them.

Edit: should clarify, am male.
(edited 3 years ago)
Personally, I make the first move. In general though, gender stereotypes dictate that women don't usually make the first move and women are probably scared of seeming weird, pushy or unattractive if they do it. They might also assume a man isn't into them if he doesn't say.
I have done in the past if he’s hot enough
Reply 11
I know some girls do, I've experienced it once in my life so far, but the vast majority will wait for the man to do it.

Why?

I find white women are more likely to make the first move than non white women.
also taller women are more likely to make the first move than shorter women.

that is my personal experience anyway...
Original post by Kitten in boots
I make the first move if I like the guy enough.

Original post by MechanicalOnion
I've had girls make the first move on me more times than I've made the first move on them.

Edit: should clarify, am male.

Original post by OctoberRain7
Personally, I make the first move. In general though, gender stereotypes dictate that women don't usually make the first move and women are probably scared of seeming weird, pushy or unattractive if they do it. They might also assume a man isn't into them if he doesn't say.

I have done in the past if he’s hot enough

As a girl I think it depends on what the guy is like, I’ve made the first move before and then other times I’ve been more afraid to. It all depends on the vibe you get from the other person.

Original post by kingpin x
I have a couple of times. The first time was quite funny because I told the guy I liked him and he laughed at me, I asked him why are you laughing and he said you liking me doesn't seem real, so in the end we left it at that. A couple years later down the line he bought up the conversation again and he said to me "Remember that time you told me you liked me and I laughed at you? Well guess what, I liked you as well" - prick move but I was over it. Me personally I don't believe in the whole "guys should approach girls first" if you like the person then go for it.

Original post by strawberrymilq
I always make the first move. I tell them how I feel coz I ain't got nuthn to lose. :smile:

You know... lots of guys want to believe that girls don't approach us because they don't approach men in general. Why take that away from us???:colonhash:
Original post by CatGentleman
You know... lots of guys want to believe that girls don't approach us because they don't approach men in general. Why take that away from us???:colonhash:

Not sure what you're trying to say.
Reply 14
Girls do make the first move. The conventional approach appears to be making it blatantly clear they would like to be asked out, without actually doing the asking out. Not a bad strategy
Original post by CatGentleman

Pressed F for you
Because it’s meant to be men who shows authority and takes the lead. This is how it’s been for years. But, I do think some girls make the move if they like you. Other than that, you’re in a sea full of fishes and first one to be caught, is caught.
No! girls don't ask guys out in general, Katya. Everyone knows this!
Men are expected to be dominant and assertive, it's something women are attracted to.
You wouldn't, he's not a caveman, he's a gentle boy who loves cuddles.

Latest

Trending

Trending