Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Ho
Last edited by SmileyDuck; 3 months ago
alexandra877
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This is probably the answer you want to hear the least - but I think you just know. I've always said this to friends and always hear "but what if I don't know?". Guys are generally quite simple. They're not like girls in the sense of overthinking everything we do and say and how to act when we like someone. If they like you, they might be able to hide it for a while, but eventually the signs will be there. And every time I've had a feeling that a guy is interested, it's always been correct. Generally it's things like always wanting to talk to you, trying to get to know more about your personal life, making conversation with you (both in person and over text), and just their body language and the overall vibe you get from the conversation. It's the same way that you can tell if somebody appears to not like you - you just pick up on the small things. Also, he'll likely try and impress you and act differently than he does with other people. He might be more flirty or get more embarrassed / clumsy when he speaks to you. It depends how confident he is. Good luck
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Flirt outrageously, see if he responds. Trust your instincts
SmileyDuck
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexandra877)
This is probably the answer you want to hear the least - but I think you just know. I've always said this to friends and always hear "but what if I don't know?". Guys are generally quite simple. They're not like girls in the sense of overthinking everything we do and say and how to act when we like someone. If they like you, they might be able to hide it for a while, but eventually the signs will be there. And every time I've had a feeling that a guy is interested, it's always been correct. Generally it's things like always wanting to talk to you, trying to get to know more about your personal life, making conversation with you (both in person and over text), and just their body language and the overall vibe you get from the conversation. It's the same way that you can tell if somebody appears to not like you - you just pick up on the small things. Also, he'll likely try and impress you and act differently than he does with other people. He might be more flirty or get more embarrassed / clumsy when he speaks to you. It depends how confident he is. Good luck
We had a little conversation last week over text and he seemed really engaging - he was asking questions, giving good through answers (not short blunt replies) so I have a little feeling that he’s interested. I stupidly ended the conversation but really wish I didn’t ://

Thank you for replying!
SmileyDuck
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
Flirt outrageously, see if he responds. Trust your instincts
I ended the conversation but kind of want to invite him to grab coffee (keeping our distance because of COVID rules) so I could maybe flirt that way?

Any idea how I could message and ask him for coffee? And maybe some flirting tips... I’m quite shy around boys and don’t want to come across too strong or desperate 😅

Thank you for replying!
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Flirting is mostly just being friendly, smiling, laughing at jokes, compliments and the odd backhanded compliment. Why not go for ‘ fancy going for a socially distanced coffee next week ’. Or ‘ I’ve been thinking, why don’t you take me on a date when lockdowns over ’
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise