The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 1
HI. did you apply for Medical Science or Foundation year? I am thinking to apply for the same course with Foundation year. Good luck
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by KGB2020
HI. did you apply for Medical Science or Foundation year? I am thinking to apply for the same course with Foundation year. Good luck

hello, did u end up applying?
Reply 3
Hi! Yes i did apply for medical science with foundation yr and im going to start next month. How about you?
i’m thinking about applying for it in clearing and then transferring to their medicine programme for september 2022. i have a low ucat score do u think this would impact my chances of getting in?
Reply 5
Original post by zara8765
i’m thinking about applying for it in clearing and then transferring to their medicine programme for september 2022. i have a low ucat score do u think this would impact my chances of getting in?

Im sorry i haven’t had any clue, best to ask the department of which you want to study. sorry im not very helpful
Original post by zara8765

As it's not a medicine course, your UCAT would probably be irrelevant. They may make you take it again to apply to transfer.
However, I would strongly reccomend just taking a gap year and reapplying to medicine, as the transfer schemes are very competitive and you're locked into the degree and spending your loans if you don't make it, whereas if you reapply you can apply to 4 schools and earn money in your gap year.

Have you considered medicine clearing as well, there's a thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6915438&page=189 :smile:
Original post by becausethenight
As it's not a medicine course, your UCAT would probably be irrelevant. They may make you take it again to apply to transfer.
However, I would strongly reccomend just taking a gap year and reapplying to medicine, as the transfer schemes are very competitive and you're locked into the degree and spending your loans if you don't make it, whereas if you reapply you can apply to 4 schools and earn money in your gap year.

Have you considered medicine clearing as well, there's a thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6915438&page=189 :smile:

thank you! :smile:
Reply 8
Do you guys recommend medical science in ARU? I have an offer from there for this year. Waiting for a level grades now.
Reply 9
Hello, I just finished my first year at ARU studying Medical Science and I just looked and I received my offer mid December having applied at the beginning of December. So I didn’t wait long at all for my offer. However it does vary from student to student.
Reply 10
Original post by MirSalam53
Do you guys recommend medical science in ARU? I have an offer from there for this year. Waiting for a level grades now.

Hi, I have just finished my first year of Medical Science and I can honestly say I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. The course has a good variety and structure as well as enthusiastic, approachable lecturers. The more you engage the more you’ll get out of it but personally I really enjoyed my first year. Let me know if you have questions about student life/ course content etc.!

Latest

Trending

Trending