The Student Room Group

Open College of Arts

I'm looking to study photography at the OCA and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience studying with them.
Reply 1
I'm considering studying a Master's Degree in Graphic Design with the OCA too so I'm interested what people say on this subject! :smile:

(Sorry my reply wasn't actually helpful for you!)
Reply 2
I'm not currently studying with OCA, but I have asked some students on their reviews before considering studying with them.

Most reviews have stated that the only thing they wished OCA would improve on would be tutor communication. The feedback given by tutors though are generally good and have helped students improved. All materials are online, unless you request your materials to be posted in the mail. They have course samples on their site if you want to get a feel of what studying with them is like. They recently hosted a virtual open day where they talk about the courses and answered a few questions - also available on their website. You set up a learning log (aka a blog) to record all your progress and work. There's a bunch of students' learning logs online, just type in something like 'OCA photography learning log' and a few results should show.

Hope this helped!

Quick Reply

Latest