The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

PhD Interview

Hi guys, I interviewed for a funded PhD on Tuesday at Northumbria in the business school and still haven't heard back.

Anyone else in the same boat?
I highly doubt you would hear back in the same week for a PhD interview. A friend of mine applied for a PhD mid Jan, was interviewed mid February, and only just heard back that he was admitted to the uni now, and he still is waiting to hear whether he has been successful in gaining funding for the PhD. It's a long process so not much point in holding your breath, I think...although it may vary between universities to be fair.
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Ah, that is reassuring. I heard from other people I'd hear back within 1 - 3 working days, so I was starting to stress out. It also did not help that my potential supervisors were quite cryptic when I asked when I'd hear back. Congratulations to your friend though :smile:
Original post by PhDNorthumbria1
Hi guys, I interviewed for a funded PhD on Tuesday at Northumbria in the business school and still haven't heard back.

Anyone else in the same boat?

If you're hoping for RD21 funding at Northumbria, I was told that decisions would be made by the graduate school 'end of April', so it's too soon to get anxious. Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending