Watch
This discussion is closed.
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's nothing like all lives matter you imbecile. How many police brutality victims are white? not many i assume
Whereas the murder rate for men in britain is more than 1 a day. In the stranger category something like 85% of the dead are men.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-ethnicity-us/
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't exactly agree with #NotAllMen as it feels a bit like it shuts up women, but the rest of your post is nonsense
LoveAmore
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Those of you males putting the #notallmen you are the problem just like the ones who did all lives matter, us women we cannot go out at dark without fear of being attacked so I think a 6pm curfew for men is totally fair, we women deserve equal rights and we don't get them, how many of you females here agree with this?
I don't see the same public outrage when hundreds of teenage boys as young as 14 are stabbed every year, yet we have MPs claiming that 'society sees dead women as normal'
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Katya_93)
Oh gosh, of course!!!!
We are all dainty little princesses! We cannot harm a fly!!!!
Never ever had a girl try to force me into something and then blame myself for it afterwards. Guys though, whole other story.
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LoveAmore)
I don't see the same public outrage when hundreds of teenage boys as young as 14 are stabbed every year, yet we have MPs claiming that 'society sees dead women as normal'
Thank you :adore:
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Man this is a debate that happens every few years, gets forgotten about then comes up when the next high profile femicide/rape etc. happens.

I've been around the block man. I feel old.

Punish those who do the crime and protect yourself so you don't become a victim. People need to live in the real ends man and understand this.
Da14a
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Driving_Mad)
but the one thing on the list I do not agree with is men being told to cross the road when happening to walk behind a woman.
That is ridiculous. I will walk on the side of the road I am on at the time. A rando, who happens to be a woman, will not make me change sides.
:bird:
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
cc, know a few who have been stabbed to death but that's not the point of this thread. All of it is bad and must be rectified.

This is just the latest news round because covid is dying down and there's nothing negative to talk about to get views.
Driving_Mad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bj27)
Man this is a debate that happens every few years, gets forgotten about then comes up when the next high profile femicide/rape etc. happens.

I've been around the block man. I feel old.

Punish those who do the crime and protect yourself so you don't become a victim. People need to live in the real ends man and understand this.
You're right there bro.

There will always be people who do wrong regardless of the messages sent.

However, I feel like catcalling and groping needs to be made illegal, as I have heard that the former is not yet illegal.
username5580530
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most people that commit suicide are men, most people that die at war are men. Most people in prison are men. Most people that feel lost nowadays are men. Most homeless people are men. Men are more likely than women to use almost all types of illicit drugs. Like.. what are you basing your comparison on? Bad things happen to both sexes. What you're doing is basically selecting the few, most successful men and projecting them as the standard male. And no, I'm not saying there are no sexists dummy.
dtin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Exactly, Jaden Moodie, Yousef Makki, Connor Brown, Ben Kinsella, Rhys Jones, Jimmy Mizen the list goes on. Sees dead women as normal my arse.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You're right there bro.

There will always be people who do wrong regardless of the messages sent.

However, I feel like catcalling and groping needs to be made illegal, as I have heard that the former is not yet illegal.
define catcalling, this can easily turn into a slippery slope. I don't agree with catcalling btw.

Agree with rest btw.a
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i can't go out at night without fear of being attacked either and i'm a guy?
why would you be at risk?

The only thing i can think of is if people can tell you are gay by just looking at you, and you encountered a rowdy group of lads on a fri/sat night and they ended up hitting you or something
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RegularHater)
Most people that commit suicide are men, most people that die at war are men. Most people in prison are men. Most people that feel lost nowadays are men. Most homeless people are men. Men are more likely than women to use almost all types of illicit drugs. Like.. what are you basing your comparison on? Bad things happen to both sexes. What you're doing is basically selecting the few, most successful men and projecting them as the standard male. And no, I'm not saying there are no sexists dummy.
Well said.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
the whataboutism is funny too.

Eurgh this is like groundhog day man. every few years this happens and same arguments are spouted and nothing is actually done.

We're due a terrorist attack as well so people can talk about the muslims and people can talk about islamophobia.

This **** bores me man.
Driving_Mad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bj27)
define catcalling, this can easily turn into a slippery slope.

Agree with rest btw.
This is the problem with enforcing this as it's so hard to define and prosecute.

I would say purposely making someone uncomfortable by sexualising them. Reading what I have said it is difficult to define, and so hard to enforce legally I guess, which is why I don't think it has been.

I have also seen people saying just staring is sexual harassment? Or unwanted sexual advances - so if a guy is texting a girl and says she has a nice body or whatever and she doesn't like it but he stops, that is still sexual harassment?
username5580530
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That may not be as accurate as you think it is. The population is predominantly white.
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)

The only thing i can think of is if people can tell you are gay by just looking at you, and you encountered a rowdy group of lads on a fri/sat night and they ended up hitting you or something
There are guys who will do stuff to other guys without finding out whether the victim is gay or not. Most importantly though, WOMEN DO IT TOO!
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is the problem with enforcing this as it's so hard to define and prosecute.

I would say purposely making someone uncomfortable by sexualising them. Reading what I have said it is difficult to define, and so hard to enforce legally I guess, which is why I don't think it has been.

I have also seen people saying just staring is sexual harassment? Or unwanted sexual advances - so if a guy is texting a girl and says she has a nice body or whatever and she doesn't like it but he stops, that is still sexual harassment?
Exactly, it's not easy to enforce, also if the dude is ugly chick would see it as sexual harrassment and if he's hot and she ain't got a BF the exact same action could get him some action.

Also this move across the road if you see a woman alone at night is nonsense. So impractical. Also I attribute women being scared of me when i'm walking normally even with head down because i'm a big black dude but whatever I have to cross the road because my presence is threatening due to my genetics even if I do nothing to actually harass the person.

There's a lot of things in play here and the only things you can do is punish the offenders, educate people not to do it and make new measures to keep people safe. Simple as that.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)

that's not true. you do realise that not all men in the world are straight, right. there are tons of predatory gay guys, too. not to mention, there are all sorts of reasons why a psychopath would attack a guy, even if they are into women
let's just say that i had an experience like that in my teens.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads