Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
6pm curfew.

Guess I’m sleeping in the office then,
Seriously though a 6pm curfew would not work, for one the I don’t think your average sex attacker is going to care much about breaking s curfew.

T goes without saying that anyone who feels they csn commit these crimes is a deplorable person and one is too many, the argument over not all men and curfews isn’t going to make a difference.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wōden)
Unless you live in some absolute ghetto, the chances of a woman being violently attacked in the streets is so remote it shouldn't even warrant a second thought. You're more likely to die or be seriously injured in a car crash, but I bet you don't bat an eyelid about getting into a car. So no, I don't see why all men need to be villified and punished simply because some women have an irrational paranoia and lack of perspective.
I agree it's statistically unlikely but at the same time it should never happen and there should be measures in place to ensure this doesn't happen, not the ridiculous stuff some of the leftards are saying but more practical measures.
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seriously though a 6pm curfew would not work, for one the I don’t think your average sex attacker is going to care much about breaking s curfew.

T goes without saying that anyone who feels they csn commit these crimes is a deplorable person and one is too many, the argument over not all men and curfews isn’t going to make a difference.
Exactly! If they can break the law so easily they'd have no problem breaking a curfew :yep:
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Also the man who does the crime isn't going to go through the curfew.

The curfew stuff was nonsense anyway.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Exactly! If they can break the law so easily they'd have no problem breaking a curfew :yep:
yeah that's it really, and we're back to square one.
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bj27)
yeah that's it really, and we're back to square one.
It's pointless. Idk what we can do to reduce the attacks on women AND men (because it can happen to both, idky people say that men aren't affected by it). The chances of getting s*xually *ssulted are way too high (1 in 5 women I believe, not sure what its like for men), but I know for sure a curfew won't do anything to stop them.
Driving_Mad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's pointless. Idk what we can do to reduce the attacks on women AND men (because it can happen to both, idky people say that men aren't affected by it). The chances of getting s*xually *ssulted are way too high (1 in 5 women I believe, not sure what its like for men), but I know for sure a curfew won't do anything to stop them.
Education for sure. I feel like pretty much everyone knows rape is unacceptable, but obviously you get those who do it, but other sexual assaults like groping I feel like some men think they can get away with it. Tougher sanctions as well.
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Driving_Mad)
Education for sure. I feel like pretty much everyone knows rape is unacceptable, but obviously you get those who do it, but other sexual assaults like groping I feel like some men think they can get away with it. Tougher sanctions as well.
I totally agree with the tougher sanctions. It disgusts me how some people can get away with causing endless trauma by getting just 2 years. Education as well, I also believe people should be made to do self defence classes to better defend themselves against such disgusting people.

It upsets me how some people can be looked down upon for being r*ped and reporting it because it "ruins their reputation" or whatever. People NEED to learn!!
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They would also be safe in the knowledge that no other men would be around to potentially step in and defend the woman.
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wōden)
They would also be safe in the knowledge that no other men would be around to potentially step in and defend the woman.
Not as if many people do regardless
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't get why they don't do lie detectors to get rape convictions up?

I get that they're not 100%, but if you give a man a test, and the woman he is alleged to rape a test and they both come back saying he raped her ...then i don't see why they can't lock him up, as the chances of the test being wrong twice on the same group of people is miniscule.
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I don't get why they don't do lie detectors to get rape convictions up?

I get that they're not 100%, but if you give a man a test, and the woman he is alleged to rape a test and they both come back saying he raped her ...then i don't see why they can't lock him up, as the chances of the test being wrong twice on the same group of people is miniscule.
Lie detectors cant be used as evidence at court because they can be pretty inaccurate, even though it isn't by much, they're still not counted as valid "evidence"
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As I said on another thread: for the curfew, define "man".

Though OP is a troll, I'm genuinely curious how someone can get around the minefield of issues associated with that idea.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 month ago
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why would you be at risk?

The only thing i can think of is if people can tell you are gay by just looking at you, and you encountered a rowdy group of lads on a fri/sat night and they ended up hitting you or something
Not that poster - but I'm like a twig, if someone was so inclined they could easily rob me with little actual resistance. I'm just as easy a target as a woman of the same sort of build.

Dunno if it's controversial to say, but the worry you should have is more correlated with your ability to defend yourself/how easy of a target you look than necessarily your gender. To say men necessarily have less to worry about just isn't true.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 month ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Not that poster - but I'm like a twig, if someone was so inclined they could easily rob me with little actual resistance. I'm just as easy a target as a woman of the same build.

Dunno if it's controversial to say, but the worry you should have is more correlated with your ability to defend yourself/how easy of a target you look than necessarily your gender. To say men necessarily have less to worry about just isn't true.
yeah, perhaps in general men feel more like they are able to defend themselves so worry less.

i have to admit when i go out late at night, i usually see much more men than women about which leads me to believe a lot of women avoid going out at night...
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah, perhaps in general men feel more like they are able to defend themselves so worry less.

i have to admit when i go out late at night, i usually see much more men than women about which leads me to believe a lot of women avoid going out at night...
I'm not sure it's entirely that, I think men also just have a higher overall tolerance for risk than women. Whilst I'm fairly strong, I'm sure the average seasoned criminal is, if not stronger than me, at least far more adept at violence than I am, so I still don't really fancy my chances. But I also know that I'm unlikely to ever be put in that situation so I just accept it as a remote risk and don't really worry about it.

I don't think the radical feminists help in anyway by painting all men as potential predators. It's bound to make some women more paranoid.
TCA2b
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Indeed. If the criminal is already willing to break the law by committing assault, a curfew is going to do nothing to deter them.
LoveAmore
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bj27)
cc, know a few who have been stabbed to death but that's not the point of this thread. All of it is bad and must be rectified.

This is just the latest news round because covid is dying down and there's nothing negative to talk about to get views.
I completely agree that all deaths are bad, but it angers me that feminists are allegedly advocating for equal rights across the board but never seem to mention how men are more frequently victims of: homelessness, suicide, murder, longer sentences (for the same crime) and often do not get custody of their children simply due to the stereotype that females are better caregivers.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
depends, some can be really strong
im a petite beetch, lol
Have you considered learning self defence, getting shooting lessons or having weapons training?
I've been going to krav maga classes and gun club for years.
Being slim and never allowing weight to exceed 8 stone doesn't automatically mean being helpless to protect oneself against ill intentioned criminals and sexual predators.
Driving_Mad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LoveAmore)
I completely agree that all deaths are bad, but it angers me that feminists are allegedly advocating for equal rights across the board but never seem to mention how men are more frequently victims of: homelessness, suicide, murder, longer sentences (for the same crime) and often do not get custody of their children simply due to the stereotype that females are better caregivers.
They will bend what they say and change it to suit them.

That’s why I don’t like the majority of posts regarding this incident on social media.

It’s causing too much division. Messages must be sent in a non-hostile manner, otherwise people won’t listen or change.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.86%
Uncertainty around my education (440)
14.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (335)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (417)
13.97%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.03%
Loneliness (256)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.65%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (162)
5.43%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (263)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (282)
9.45%

Watched Threads