The Student Room Group

Lae tot interview

Hello guys!! I have my interview with LAE Tottenham tomorrow and I'm really worried about it! Can anyone tell me what the interview process is like (if you have gone through the LAE interview process before) or just any general tips? Thank you sm
Reply 1
Original post by lovelylimeee
Hello guys!! I have my interview with LAE Tottenham tomorrow and I'm really worried about it! Can anyone tell me what the interview process is like (if you have gone through the LAE interview process before) or just any general tips? Thank you sm

Just had mine! Hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by gnome234
Just had mine! Hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will :smile:

Same, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Original post by Ice.Log
Same, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

What did they ask you about?
Reply 4
Original post by Salli00
What did they ask you about?

Generic interview questions and the item question. I recommend looking at the website.
Original post by Ice.Log
Generic interview questions and the item question. I recommend looking at the website.

what was the item question
Reply 6
Original post by vhjjhvjhgyjh
what was the item question

Explaining your item and how it shows passion, etc. Check your interview invite email.
Hi i applied to LAE tottenham for the 2022 entry, what kind of grades did you put down for your predicted and how did you find the interview process. Also did you manage to get a place at the sixth form??
Reply 8
Original post by c_iwuagwu
Hi i applied to LAE tottenham for the 2022 entry, what kind of grades did you put down for your predicted and how did you find the interview process. Also did you manage to get a place at the sixth form??

If i recall, I put down three 9s, one 8 and five 7s for my predictions - whilst this got me an offer last year, the standard is likely higher this year (just bc of that outstanding rating from ofsted😭).

The interview is just there to make sure u acc know why u want to go LAET (so make sure u know their 4 values ot whatever, and how you display all of them). They might ask what u want to do at uni and why ur a-levels are ok for that course. Also, they asked me which other sixth forms i applied to, and if LAET was my first choice (obviously don't lie, but don't brag - I said some other sixth forms, then listed the ones that weren't as good and told them LAET is my first choice).
Somehow, I managed to get an offer, despite my grades and nervousness in interview, and I currently go LAE Tottenham.

Hope this info helps, and u also get an offer!
Original post by Ice.Log
If i recall, I put down three 9s, one 8 and five 7s for my predictions - whilst this got me an offer last year, the standard is likely higher this year (just bc of that outstanding rating from ofsted😭).

The interview is just there to make sure u acc know why u want to go LAET (so make sure u know their 4 values ot whatever, and how you display all of them). They might ask what u want to do at uni and why ur a-levels are ok for that course. Also, they asked me which other sixth forms i applied to, and if LAET was my first choice (obviously don't lie, but don't brag - I said some other sixth forms, then listed the ones that weren't as good and told them LAET is my first choice).
Somehow, I managed to get an offer, despite my grades and nervousness in interview, and I currently go LAE Tottenham.

Hope this info helps, and u also get an offer!

Thank you so much for a fast response 😭😭 you’re acc calming my nerves.
Should I put grades that I think I may achieve or lower my grades so I can guarantee that I will get the grade. For example, for Maths and Chemistry I am predicted 9s, however should I put an 8 for their grades to ensure that I can get the grade if I fail to get the 9? if you get what i mean😭😭
Also do conditional offers specify what grades you should get in the actual gcse exam, and are they based on the predictions that you used in your application??
I really want to get into LAET i juts love the environment, the diversity and the amazing teaching. I feel like i would really enjoy my sixth form experience there. Hopefully I get an offer😩😭 sorry for asking so many questions as well🤧
If you are predicted 9s, then you should put down 9s on your application form as your teachers will review the predicted grades (when your application is completed) to make sure they're correct.

If you are made an offer after interview, it'll always be the minimum requirements to do those subjects, so don't worry about higher offers based on your predictions.

The website has the entry requirements (which arebasically the offer requirements) - do check this before taking my word, but if i remember, its 5 grade 7-9s with a 6 in english language and a 6 in maths (7 if you want to take maths a-level). Then they just require 7s in the subject you want to take at A-level.

The fact that you're serious about getting in now, and even going the extra mile to ask questions indicates you'll probably the type of student they're looking for.

LAET is pretty diverse imo, and the teachers push you a lot to achieve high - students around you are serious abour getting A*s and you're always encouraged to do wider reading and apply for scholarships and etc. If you like to compete and challenge yourself, then you'll love LAET.
Original post by Ice.Log
If you are predicted 9s, then you should put down 9s on your application form as your teachers will review the predicted grades (when your application is completed) to make sure they're correct.

If you are made an offer after interview, it'll always be the minimum requirements to do those subjects, so don't worry about higher offers based on your predictions.

The website has the entry requirements (which arebasically the offer requirements) - do check this before taking my word, but if i remember, its 5 grade 7-9s with a 6 in english language and a 6 in maths (7 if you want to take maths a-level). Then they just require 7s in the subject you want to take at A-level.

The fact that you're serious about getting in now, and even going the extra mile to ask questions indicates you'll probably the type of student they're looking for.

LAET is pretty diverse imo, and the teachers push you a lot to achieve high - students around you are serious abour getting A*s and you're always encouraged to do wider reading and apply for scholarships and etc. If you like to compete and challenge yourself, then you'll love LAET.

thank you so much you actually cleared up all the questions that I’ve been needing to be answered 😭😭. I’ll be sure to put in my correct predicted grades and hopefully I get an interview 😩
Hey everyone, I was hoping I’d someone could tell me do we actually have to take something to the interview? Like a physical item and talk about that? Thanks
they said that in the email bro
Original post by Saalria21
Hey everyone, I was hoping I’d someone could tell me do we actually have to take something to the interview? Like a physical item and talk about that? Thanks

Anyone know what they mean by that???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending