?
Report 1 month ago
hey fellow offer holders! <3
Umar_717
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else unsure between Manchester and sheffield?
ce14222
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi any other grads here - I'm just wondering how UCAS get our degree results? I remember the universities being automatically told about A-level grades so they can confirm the place, but do we have to send off proof of what we get in our degree, obviously once we get the final results? Can't find it on the UCAS website so does anyone know :/
TheHumerusMedic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ce14222)
hi any other grads here - I'm just wondering how UCAS get our degree results? I remember the universities being automatically told about A-level grades so they can confirm the place, but do we have to send off proof of what we get in our degree, obviously once we get the final results? Can't find it on the UCAS website so does anyone know :/
You send it directly to the university.

You'll get emailed about sending your proof later.

You'll have to send in your vaccination records and do a criminal background check as well before they make your offer unconditional.
leafgirl02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
very stuck between choosing catered/self-catered halls. I have no idea, someone pls help!
chipsandgravy9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by leafgirl02)
very stuck between choosing catered/self-catered halls. I have no idea, someone pls help!
do you have to have firmed to apply for accommodation?
tipexmaster25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Umar_717)
Anyone else unsure between Manchester and sheffield?
ahh can't relate, Sheffield rejected me 😂 but congrats on the offers! They both look like great unis, don't they? Ig the biggest difference is that Manchester does PBL & Sheffield is integrated, if you've got any preference over that?
mimi_med
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone!
leafgirl02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chipsandgravy9)
do you have to have firmed to apply for accommodation?
no I don't think so, not sure tho. I haven't received my official Manchester acceptance yet, only via track, and I don't think u can apply without the student id (which i'm pretty sure comes in the official offer letter)- correct me if im wrong. but I know I will firm anyways so just trying to decide where to apply for accommodation
ljc123!!1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ce14222)
Hi!

Also a grad and currently working as an ED Nurse! I think they ask for proof once you’ve firmed.

Just wondering whether anyone had any ideas whether we can access a timetable of some description for the foundation year? I want to see if they’ll let me do some of it distance learning as I want to try and keep my house if I can and commute into Manchester when needed - realise this will change as the years progress - but I’ve spent a mint on the garden and want to enjoy it a little longer!

Any help would be much appreciated and well done all!
Uj281120
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know if we are going to have an offer holder open day or anything? (Virtual Ofc)
postpostdoc
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ljc123!!1)
Hi!

Also a grad and currently working as an ED Nurse! I think they ask for proof once you’ve firmed.

Just wondering whether anyone had any ideas whether we can access a timetable of some description for the foundation year? I want to see if they’ll let me do some of it distance learning as I want to try and keep my house if I can and commute into Manchester when needed - realise this will change as the years progress - but I’ve spent a mint on the garden and want to enjoy it a little longer!

Any help would be much appreciated and well done all!
Let me know if you find out! I’m hoping to work my current job round it to help with fees
tipexmaster25
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Has anyone received an email from the uni yet or has it just been the notification from UCAS track? I got my offer a week or 2 ago now so I'm a little worried I might've missed it or something 😅

I do know that when I got a biomed offer back in November, it took 3 or 4 weeks until I got an email from the uni directly so maybe it's the same?
Fatimasunayna
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tipexmaster25)
Has anyone received an email from the uni yet or has it just been the notification from UCAS track? I got my offer a week or 2 ago now so I'm a little worried I might've missed it or something 😅

I do know that when I got a biomed offer back in November, it took 3 or 4 weeks until I got an email from the uni directly so maybe it's the same?
I got the offer email a day after the track notification, i've had a few other update emails as well - maybe check your junk folder?
tipexmaster25
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fatimasunayna)
I got the offer email a day after the track notification, i've had a few other update emails as well - maybe check your junk folder?
Yikes I'll have a check now :eek: Thanks for the info!
sb6318
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
is anyone pre-settled?
chewbacco
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What’s the nearest hall to the medical faculty?
Umar_717
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tipexmaster25)
ahh can't relate, Sheffield rejected me 😂 but congrats on the offers! They both look like great unis, don't they? Ig the biggest difference is that Manchester does PBL & Sheffield is integrated, if you've got any preference over that?
Haha thank you, think I’m leaning towards Manchester but just based on location as I already live here 😂
ce14222
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
does anyone know if accommodation is first come first serve or when the deadline is?
TheHumerusMedic
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by chewbacco)
What’s the nearest hall to the medical faculty?
Anything in Victoria Park, but be careful.

The only advantage is that it is closer.

The social life there is dead.

Everybody comes to Fallowfield to party.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (195)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (560)
14.54%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (431)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (531)
13.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (190)
4.93%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (232)
6.02%
Loneliness (324)
8.41%
Financial worries (142)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (151)
3.92%
Exposure to negative news/social media (172)
4.47%
Lack of real life entertainment (218)
5.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (344)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (361)
9.37%

Watched Threads