The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone thinking of going for private accommodation?
Reply 41
Hey guys, has anyone got the forms that we need to fill out yet? I think ones a health check one and the other might be dbs?
I haven’t got mine yet so I was getting a bit worried
Original post by Hanaf
Hey guys, has anyone got the forms that we need to fill out yet? I think ones a health check one and the other might be dbs?
I haven’t got mine yet so I was getting a bit worried

no it’s stressing me out. has anyone received an actual confirmation email from the uni with student ID? i am desperate to apply for accommodation
Original post by leafgirl02
no it’s stressing me out. has anyone received an actual confirmation email from the uni with student ID? i am desperate to apply for accommodation

Manchester like to take their time with all this stuff, I got my confirmation email over a month after.

Don't worry, everybody is in the same boat, and when you apply for you accommodation has no impact on if you get what you want. You can't put a first preference, anyway. You put your top 5 and you'll get allocated any one of them.
Reply 44
Original post by leafgirl02

Im not applying for accomodation but it is stressing me out as I know you have to contact your GP for your health forms etc and it can take a longgg time.

Super excited to be joining in September tho guys!! Hoping that my PBL group is good and the overall year group is nice (finger crossed) : D
Reply 45
Original post by Hanaf
Im not applying for accomodation but it is stressing me out as I know you have to contact your GP for your health forms etc and it can take a longgg time.

Super excited to be joining in September tho guys!! Hoping that my PBL group is good and the overall year group is nice (finger crossed) : D

I had a look at the requirements because they gave me a link on track to the offer holder page they have, you don't have to worry about any of the forms until after the UCAS deadline I don't think, and you obviously have to firm Manchester first before thinking about this stuff so I doubt there's a rush!

I'm so excited too :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
hi guys!! I got an offer today for A106, international student :smile:) congratulations to everyone here!!!
Its so difficult to decide between UCL and Manchester. I'm in 2 minds as to which one to firm
Hey just got my offer for A104 (medicine and foundation year), is anyone else gonna firm this course? Congrats to everyone here :smile:))
Reply 49
offer for A106!!
What accommodation is everyone planning on ?
Reply 51
Hi everyone! I got an offer this evening! Absolutely buzzzzziiiiinnnnn! Manchester is my first choice.
Congrats to everyone else. 🎉
Original post by Rla2020
Hi everyone! I got an offer this evening! Absolutely buzzzzziiiiinnnnn! Manchester is my first choice.
Congrats to everyone else. 🎉

Hii! I got mine this evening and I think I’m gonna put it as my firm. Congrats!!
Does anyone know which campus most med students tend to stay at for the first year ?
Reply 54
How do we firm an offer? Do we have to wait until we have heard back from each uni? I want to firm Manchester but can’t see where to do it
Original post by Rla2020
How do we firm an offer? Do we have to wait until we have heard back from each uni? I want to firm Manchester but can’t see where to do it

yep, you have to have decisions on all your choices, if you already have a firm and insurance, then you can withdraw from the ones you're waiting for and then you can firm (:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by el pepinillo
yep, you have to have decisions on all your choices, if you already have a firm and insurance, then you can withdraw from the ones you're waiting for and then you can firm (:

Ok thank you.
So, I had 2 pre interview rejections and an offer from Manchester.
Can I withdraw from the final choice and then firm Manchester? I’ll have another look but couldn’t see an option to withdraw either 🤷🏻*♀️
Original post by Rla2020
Ok thank you.
So, I had 2 pre interview rejections and an offer from Manchester.
Can I withdraw from the final choice and then firm Manchester? I’ll have another look but couldn’t see an option to withdraw either 🤷🏻*♀️

yeah, if you click on the view button of that choice, there should be a big button that says withdraw my application (i looked at it so many times for manchester cause they were taking so long haha) are you not wanting to insure the last choice that you're waiting on, if you get an offer?
Reply 58
Original post by el pepinillo
yeah, if you click on the view button of that choice, there should be a big button that says withdraw my application (i looked at it so many times for manchester cause they were taking so long haha) are you not wanting to insure the last choice that you're waiting on, if you get an offer?

Ah yes, seen it thank you.
I’ve firmed Manchester.
Realistically, given my personal circumstances, my other choice wouldn’t really have been feasible and I don’t think it’s likely an offer was coming my way anyway.
Original post by vanyakalyan
Does anyone know which campus most med students tend to stay at for the first year ?

All over. You get a fair few staying at Denmark Road and Brook Hall in particular, but other than that Fallowfields. Look into the different accomodation campuses and see which you like - Victoria Park is very quiet, zero social life, while the party never stops in Fallowfields.

Latest

Trending

Trending