The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by adusd
Do u only do this if you have an unconditional? As I have not received this. Thanks

nope, i got a conditional offer. you can click on view conditions of offer, there should be a link there
Reply 121
Original post by thatspiderdon
Hi guys, could I ask if anyone has submitted the Offer holder declaration ( https://www.onemedforms.manchester.ac.uk/s/f/qmX703J0jrIYGQ2qr56pHZNjAVKn )

it is in the link that was sent to us VIA UCAS. I'm not sure if this is the correct link, or if we should just wait for the school to contact us?

i think it should be the correct link!
is accommodation first come first serve? how does it work/ what's the deadline?
is anyone thinking of private accom?
Original post by ssssxxxx
is anyone thinking of private accom?

yusssss apparently iq accommodation does it
Reply 125
If I put manchester as my insurance do I still need to do accomodation
Original post by Fiz24xo
yusssss apparently iq accommodation does it

dunno about manny but my friend was in iq accom at leeds uni and hated it, said it was very anti social, might be different in manchester but i'd honestly steer clear ngl
Original post by em2831
Hi I got an offer for medicine at Manchester and Plymouth and can't pick please help!!!! :frown:

Hiya, I’ve got exactly the same decision to make! Have you decided yet? Feel free to send me a private message
Anyone know if manchester is offering remote study next year?
Original post by studentr23
Anyone know if manchester is offering remote study next year?

If you are talking about doing it all online like this year, they won't.

We had face to face stuff this year even when it got really bad.

It is kind of waste if you don't go. You won't make friends or get the experience of being a medical student.

You could tell them you are an at-risk person and they will accommodate that, but otherwise, no, you have to be on campus.
Reply 130
Hey guys

I got the email today saying there planning on doing a mix of online and in face teaching. From what I understood there going to try to make the majority in face but obviously it depends on what the conditions are like during the pandemic.

They also said there’s going to be an element of synchronous and asynchronous lectures and will be letting us know on week commencing 24th May any more info that we might need.

Hope that helps

Hana
Reply 131
Original post by haz19x
i think it should be the correct link!

I also received a conditional offer but I don’t think I was sent this and I Honeslty don’t remember filling it in, shall I do it now through the link or shall I just wait?
Original post by Hanaf
I also received a conditional offer but I don’t think I was sent this and I Honeslty don’t remember filling it in, shall I do it now through the link or shall I just wait?

Hey! If you’re oab the offer holder dec then yeah i’d fill it in. I don’t think it was sent I remember having to find it through ucas and they had a specific link that listed all the detail ab what to do/look out for : )
when is the deadline to firm the offer? is it may 20th or june 10th?
Original post by TheHumerusMedic
Hey guys,

Congrats on your offers!

I am a first year medic at Manchester.

If you have any questions let me know.

Heyy there, I visited Manchester recently and was wondering, what areas of the city do students usually go to hangout? Is northern quarter/ancoats area the go to or more city center?
Original post by Larapolat
Heyy there, I visited Manchester recently and was wondering, what areas of the city do students usually go to hangout? Is northern quarter/ancoats area the go to or more city center?

At the moment it’s more around Northern quarter.

There are a lot of walk in bars over there, other places need bookings.

I can’t tell you much about pre covid times, it’s my first year and we really just did a bunch of house parties more than anything else this year.
Hi,
Are there Manchester student reps on here? 😊
How do I go about accommodation?
omg hey guys, I've just got an offer today and i'm super excited since it was my last chance of doing med this year ahaha
Original post by scrrd03
omg hey guys, I've just got an offer today and i'm super excited since it was my last chance of doing med this year ahaha

Me too!!

Latest

Trending

Trending