Chemistry HELP GCSE

Watch
Helpme2004
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Chemistry help gcse
A student is given 3 metals x y and z
The metals are magnesium iron and copper
Plan an investigation to identify the three metals by comparing their reactions with dilute hydrochloride acid
Your plan should give valid results

Thank you xx
Äries
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Magnesium: effervescence, colourless solution
Iron: effervescence, green solution
Copper: no observable change
Helpme2004
Rep:
(Original post by Äries)
Magnesium: effervescence, colourless solution
Iron: effervescence, green solution
Copper: no observable change
Thank you what was the investigation tho?
Äries
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Helpme2004)
Thank you what was the investigation tho?
To identify the elements by different observations.
Helpme2004
Rep:
(Original post by Äries)
To identify the elements by different observations.
Sorry for being annoying but do you know the actual method for like a 6 marker thanks
Äries
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Do you have the marking scheme?
Helpme2004
Rep:
(Original post by Äries)
Do you have the marking scheme?
No I don’t sorry all i know is that there needs to be a method involving HCl but there’s no required practice I can recall unless it’s about reactivity
user342
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I would say something like react equal amounts of each metal with excess HCl and record results/observations. Then state what each of the metals should do (as Äries said) and maybe why (reactivity series), and compare them to the results from the experiment. Maybe include the generic wear safety goggles and repeat experiment too if you don't think you've hit enough marking points. (Obviously your answer would be more detailed though)
Helpme2004
Rep:
(Original post by user342)
I would say something like react equal amounts of each metal with excess HCl and record results/observations. Then state what each of the metals should do (as Äries said) and maybe why (reactivity series), and compare them to the results from the experiment. Maybe include the generic wear safety goggles and repeat experiment too if you don't think you've hit enough marking points. (Obviously your answer would be more detailed though)
Thank youu sooo muchhh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (50)
22.03%
Note taking apps (5)
2.2%
Flashcards (43)
18.94%
Revision guides (13)
5.73%
Past papers (109)
48.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (7)
3.08%

Watched Threads