Offer Unsuccessful due to not having the proper info... could there of been a mix-up?

Watch
Charlie_19
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi all. My application for Edinburgh university was unsuccessful because they did not have the proper information to properly assess me. I think there might of been a bit of a mix-up, let me explain:
I have British Citizenship but I am currently resident in a EU country , so I got an email from the university asking me to provide proof of my nationality. Afterwards they sent another (separate) email asking to provide them with my parents nationality, I sent all the information required before the deadline, but I did not get a reply back from the email regarding my parents nationality information. I then got an email (today) to say that my fee status had been updated, but later on that night I got a message from them stating that I had been unsuccessful due to not providing the necessary information to enable them to properly assess me for admission.
I'm phoning the university on Monday for more informartion, but is it possible that my email regarding my parents nationality was overlooked/missed by the admission office? And if so, would it be possible for the university to re-evaluate my application.
Last edited by Charlie_19; 6 months ago
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yes it’s possible, I’ve seen plenty of fine examples this year of admissions teams epically failing at their jobs. Definitely call again and confirm the situation with them.
Charlie_19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Yes it’s possible, I’ve seen plenty of fine examples this year of admissions teams epically failing at their jobs. Definitely call again and confirm the situation with them.
Thank you for the reply. I'm really hoping it's all just a big mix-up. Either way, it's going to be one long weekend, for me, of anxiously not knowing if I will be eligible for an application re-evaluation.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Charlie_19)
Thank you for the reply. I'm really hoping it's all just a big mix-up. Either way, it's going to be one long weekend, for me, of anxiously not knowing if I will be eligible for an application re-evaluation.
If it’s an error on their end, they will re-evaluate your application. Good luck.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Charlie_19)
Hi all. My application for Edinburgh university was unsuccessful because they did not have the proper information to properly assess me. I think there might of been a bit of a mix-up, let me explain:
I have British Citizenship but I am currently resident in a EU country , so I got an email from the university asking me to provide proof of my nationality. Afterwards they sent another (separate) email asking to provide them with my parents nationality, I sent all the information required before the deadline, but I did not get a reply back from the email regarding my parents nationality information. I then got an email (today) to say that my fee status had been updated, but later on that night I got a message from them stating that I had been unsuccessful due to not providing the necessary information to enable them to properly assess me for admission.
I'm phoning the university on Monday for more informartion, but is it possible that my email regarding my parents nationality was overlooked/missed by the admission office? And if so, would it be possible for the university to re-evaluate my application.
Who knows what happened, admissions offices are not immune from clerical errors, and with inboxs that get 100s of messages its easily done.

Good luck with your contacting them, hopefully this can get resolved asap, it must be frustrating, ultimately if it was an error/oversight im sure this will be corrected.
Charlie_19
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Who knows what happened, admissions offices are not immune from clerical errors, and with inboxs that get 100s of messages its easily done.

Good luck with your contacting them, hopefully this can get resolved asap, it must be frustrating, ultimately if it was an error/oversight im sure this will be corrected.
Thank you! - I'm keeping my fingers crossed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (29)
41.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads