I have mocks in a week. Any advice?

Watch this thread
Mkm5
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m in year 11 and I have my mocks, not the week coming but the week after on around 3/4 of paper 2 for most subjects (but all papers in maths). I take history, geography, GCSE PE and triple science. What would you say is your best revision tip to cram it all in and do well

Thanks in advance
helppjp123
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I use CGP books, Quizlet, mind maps, BBC Bitesize and practice papers. Your routine everyday after school should be go through a topic by reading the CGP books to help, if not BBC Bitesize and for maths use Mathswatch (if your school have it, they have brilliant videos if you don't understand something and practice questions too) and close the book and create a mind map of all the things you can remember without looking back and then add what you didn't remember in a different colour. Create Quizlets (on more general topics so for maths don't do a whole Quizlet on Simultaneous Equations for example, do one on key things to remember for equations and make a question on Simultaneous Equations) then move on to your next subject and repeat. So read about subject, mind map what you remembered and what you didn't then create a Quizlet to do when going to school , etc., the next day see what you remembered by writing another mind map and then check to see what you didn't remember and do a practice test (there's loads of websites you can find practice tests on). Carry on with your next subject and then the next week see what you remembered by making another mind map and what you didn't remember make a new Quizlet or/and add to the mind map what you didn't remember and repeat that for all your subjects. I hope that helps in some way and good luck in your mocks you'll do great and be confident especially if you do this revision I understand you don't have long but even just use this method for the actual GCSEs it's worked for me and I went from a grade 6 in science to a grade 8!
Mkm5
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by helppjp123)
I use CGP books, Quizlet, mind maps, BBC Bitesize and practice papers. Your routine everyday after school should be go through a topic by reading the CGP books to help, if not BBC Bitesize and for maths use Mathswatch (if your school have it, they have brilliant videos if you don't understand something and practice questions too) and close the book and create a mind map of all the things you can remember without looking back and then add what you didn't remember in a different colour. Create Quizlets (on more general topics so for maths don't do a whole Quizlet on Simultaneous Equations for example, do one on key things to remember for equations and make a question on Simultaneous Equations) then move on to your next subject and repeat. So read about subject, mind map what you remembered and what you didn't then create a Quizlet to do when going to school , etc., the next day see what you remembered by writing another mind map and then check to see what you didn't remember and do a practice test (there's loads of websites you can find practice tests on). Carry on with your next subject and then the next week see what you remembered by making another mind map and what you didn't remember make a new Quizlet or/and add to the mind map what you didn't remember and repeat that for all your subjects. I hope that helps in some way and good luck in your mocks you'll do great and be confident especially if you do this revision I understand you don't have long but even just use this method for the actual GCSEs it's worked for me and I went from a grade 6 in science to a grade 8!
Wow thank you! Normally I use flash cards but I’ll try with mindmaps and going back over topics the next day because I tend to leave them after looking at them once lol. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
20%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (2)
8%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
16%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
8%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
20%

Watched Threads