Cambridge - MPhil Advanced Computer Science - Entry 2021

Watch
cngzlsh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rojst)
Cambridge is half the price of UCL so even if you just abandon the deposit and go to Cambridge you'll still be net positive over just going to UCL
Well the idea of losing money doesn’t make me feel well😓
123qwertyuio
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey,

Has anyone here tried emailing to see if there is an update to their application status (a couple of weeks after interviewing)?

Also I’m curious. What would you guys expect to be the proportion of people who are given offers after interviewing?
saint_faisyon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you guys think there is any chance we will hear back soon? Considering that it's the Easter break, I am afraid nobody will hear back for a few weeks.

In case someone is reading this thread who is thinking to apply for 2022 entry, do yourself a favour and apply between October and early November. The waiting is dreadful after that, many of us are waiting for almost 4 months.
amyyyyy5
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by saint_faisyon)
Do you guys think there is any chance we will hear back soon? Considering that it's the Easter break, I am afraid nobody will hear back for a few weeks.

In case someone is reading this thread who is thinking to apply for 2022 entry, do yourself a favour and apply between October and early November. The waiting is dreadful after that, many of us are waiting for almost 4 months.
I emailed recently as I have other offers with deadlines to respond very soon. The response that I got sounded like at least going to be another couple of weeks until decisions start to come out.
EdwardJCornel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just saw a new update on the Gradcafe. Seems like they have started looking into our applications.
FabulousTrifle0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 123qwertyuio)
Hey,

Has anyone here tried emailing to see if there is an update to their application status (a couple of weeks after interviewing)?

Also I’m curious. What would you guys expect to be the proportion of people who are given offers after interviewing?
The offer rate last year was 35%. That's out of all the applicants. They don't release the number of people interviewed.

I'm hoping to apply to PhD programmes next year, and I'm already dreading the whole application process.
Sfaradi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FabulousTrifle0)
The offer rate last year was 35%. That's out of all the applicants. They don't release the number of people interviewed.

I'm hoping to apply to PhD programmes next year, and I'm already dreading the whole application process.
True! But does the acceptance rate differ from Home students to International ones?
xxbolt_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sfaradi)
True! But does the acceptance rate differ from Home students to International ones?
Yes ~~35% for U.K., 31% for International non-EU and 44% for EU students
Chanella3620
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi anyone here who applied in Feb 21 and got a reply or interview? i'm still waiting no news still
123alex99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Chanella3620)
hi anyone here who applied in Feb 21 and got a reply or interview? i'm still waiting no news still
Hi, I've also applied to the ACS course in Feb, still no reply yet.
Chanella3620
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 123alex99)
Hi, I've also applied to the ACS course in Feb, still no reply
Hi, the wait is absolutely killing right?
Please let me know if you get a reply.
Thanks
rockwillor
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I applied in December, interviewed in February and have been under review by department since February,
hopefully we hear back soon after Easter break.

Best of luck to you all!
Sfaradi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Just realised that we won’t be getting our college choices given that offers will be handed late. Which is another thing that sucks tbh
FabulousTrifle0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Sfaradi)
Just realised that we won’t be getting our college choices given that offers will be handed late. Which is another thing that sucks tbh
Indeed, and the college allocation process is another wait, that only starts after you've received an offer.
xxbolt_
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Does anyone know whether making an open application increases/decreases your chances of getting in or whether it has no effect at all
FabulousTrifle0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by xxbolt_)
Does anyone know whether making an open application increases/decreases your chances of getting in or whether it has no effect at all
No effect at all. You are guaranteed a college if you get an offer from the department, and the department doesn't take college preference into account.
salim909090
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
anyone knows when the third round starts? and when should we expect to get the outcome of the round
xxbolt_
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Did anyone recieve the invitation to apply for the Cambridge Trust Scholarship email? I don't have an offer yet so pretty confused
saint_faisyon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by xxbolt_)
Did anyone recieve the invitation to apply for the Cambridge Trust Scholarship email? I don't have an offer yet so pretty confused
I didn't. When did you receive it?
xxbolt_
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by saint_faisyon)
I didn't. When did you receive it?
Yesterday evening around 8:30 GMT. Are you an international student cos I am...maybe that’s why??
Last edited by xxbolt_; 3 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (67)
18.93%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.41%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.8%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.85%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.11%
Taster lectures or seminars (75)
21.19%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.88%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (15)
4.24%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.67%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.26%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.98%

Watched Threads