Cambridge - MPhil Advanced Computer Science - Entry 2021

Watch
randoman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by BritishPotato)
I am currently on the waitlist yes. I was told that I was so since mid-february, waiting ever since. I find the fact that you weren't told whether you're on the waitlist or not odd; however, I would reason that you would be on it. Otherwise you would have been notified of a rejection no? What does your applicant portal say? Mine still says "under review".

That is very interesting, at least now we know the length of the waitlist. The natural next question is how many places are left. If it's a mere 1-2, then I'd say it's a bit disingenuous to keep so many of us hopeful. Since we've seen two users here who seemingly got an offer very recently, I'm also wondering whether we're just waiting for a mass rejection. That's at least what Oxford did for this year. Nevertheless I wish everyone good luck in the next couple days. <3
Yep, mine still says under review. But a reply I got from admissions this afternoon mentioned nothing about a waiting list. Just that they are aiming to release final decisions out next week. Being on a waiting list looks promising for you guys though!
randoman
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am currently on the waitlist yes. I was told that I was so since mid-february, waiting ever since. I find the fact that you weren't told whether you're on the waitlist or not odd; however, I would reason that you would be on it. Otherwise you would have been notified of a rejection no? What does your applicant portal say? Mine still says "under review".

That is very interesting, at least now we know the length of the waitlist. The natural next question is how many places are left. If it's a mere 1-2, then I'd say it's a bit disingenuous to keep so many of us hopeful. Since we've seen two users here who seemingly got an offer very recently, I'm also wondering whether we're just waiting for a mass rejection. That's at least what Oxford did for this year. Nevertheless I wish everyone good luck in the next couple days. <3
The fact that I dont think I've seen any flat out rejections (just waiting list replies) worries me a bit. Ive only seen 1 or 2 offers though so I'm still hoping lol. I feel rejections should be given out quickly. It seems more humane haha. If you're gonna make people wait months, just to reject them, it seems a bit sadistic.
BritishPotato
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by randoman)
The fact that I dont think I've seen any flat out rejections (just waiting list replies) worries me a bit. Ive only seen 1 or 2 offers though so I'm still hoping lol. I feel rejections should be given out quickly. It seems more humane haha. If you're gonna make people wait months, just to reject them, it seems a bit sadistic.
Note the bias in our sample though, people who are currently waitlisted are more likely to comment on this thread than those rejected, who can actually move on. I've also seen a couple rejections in other threads I believe. As cruel as the situation may be, I recommend just putting your head down with work at this point since we have no control over our status. Having waited 3-4 months for a reply, I think we can handle waiting for another week or two.
xxbolt_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

I need to accept my Cornell offer TODAY! So was really hoping to hear something back now. But I guess all we can do is wait! I’m positive we’ll have something latest by next week
Last edited by xxbolt_; 5 months ago
randoman
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Note the bias in our sample though, people who are currently waitlisted are more likely to comment on this thread than those rejected, who can actually move on. I've also seen a couple rejections in other threads I believe. As cruel as the situation may be, I recommend just putting your head down with work at this point since we have no control over our status. Having waited 3-4 months for a reply, I think we can handle waiting for another week or two.
That's true, not many would bother coming to forums after a rejection. It's easy to worry about it, but the best thing to do is just as you say: work
So while waiting I'll just make sure that If I get an offer, I'll definitely meet it!
Rojst
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by xxbolt_)
I need to accept my Cornell offer TODAY! So was really hoping to hear something back now. But I guess all we can do is wait! I’m positive we’ll have something latest by next week
I'm still waiting for answer and its stressful, but it would be so much more with an exploding offer. Did you take Cornell in the end?
xxbolt_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rojst)
I'm still waiting for answer and its stressful, but it would be so much more with an exploding offer. Did you take Cornell in the end?
Yup I did! It’s a good course so I’m not too fussed! NYC is also pretty exciting for me as an international student...already did the U.K. thing for undergrad
justo123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey,
Has anyone recently emailed admission about the possible results date? How likely is it that we get it this week?
randoman
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by justo123)
Hey,
Has anyone recently emailed admission about the possible results date? How likely is it that we get it this week?
I got this email back last week:

Dear [me lol],

The MPhil Admissions Panel hopes to have a final decision on MPhil applicants by the end of this week so you should hear back from us next week at the latest.

Sincerely,
[idk if i should share the name of the admissions person. internet privacy etc]

I think that means their aim is this week, but the language suggests that it's not 1000% definitely this week.
salim909090
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Anyone got any response this week from the admission ?
justo123
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
At this rate we will have to wait until July 🙃
xxbolt_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by justo123)
At this rate we will have to wait until July 🙃
Yh better off accepting your other offers peeps…COVID will be a thing of old before we hear back from these guys
mnk179
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I got my rejection on Wednesday No interview, applied just before the deadline.
saint_faisyon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I find it funny that we had to pay 70 pounds when applying to receive a positive admissions experience 😂
Rojst
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
is there any group for offer holders for acs or postgrad in general?
justo123
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rojst)
is there any group for offer holders for acs or postgrad in general?
Did you get an offer in the past week?
Rojst
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Moved to pao recently
Endless Facepalm
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rojst)
Moved to pao recently
How recently?
xxbolt_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Just got my rejection confirmed by email…I emailed Lise Gough, CL, Cambridge directly and she sent back a decision about two hours later.

The Admissions Panel reviewed over 540 applications over several rounds. The Panel re-examined 120 applications of which 70 were placed on its final ‘wait list’; your application was one of these. However, I must regretfully inform you that, after considerable reflection, we have been unable to recommend you for a place on the course for 2021-22.
Last edited by xxbolt_; 5 months ago
saint_faisyon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I got exactly the same rejection message. Good luck to all of you! hope you get in!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (179)
56.11%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (44)
13.79%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (34)
10.66%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (30)
9.4%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.39%

Watched Threads