The Student Room Group

Oxford MPhil Economics 2021 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kunsss
I don’t think so. The key thing is wether we have like top 10 uk eco Bsc degree and top3% grade”. The other things don’t matter too much.

LSE is almost the best one can image for Economics. btw, what does your EM MSc stand for? I guess it's Economics & Management?
Original post by mlyke
I received an offer yesterday at 11:40 am

Out of interest what is your profile like?
Original post by kunsss
Since that ox only care good uni and good score. My GRE is 334 and with good rt from LSE 3 professors (I am a current MSc EM student in LSE). But I guess these are all not helpful lol.

Hi mate,

I actually got offers for both LSE MSc Econ and Management and Oxford's MPhil in Economics but I can't decide between the two... I was wondering if you have enjoyed the MSc thus far and why you have decided to progress to the MPhil at Oxford.
Reply 383
Original post by mr.monkey2203
Hi mate,

I actually got offers for both LSE MSc Econ and Management and Oxford's MPhil in Economics but I can't decide between the two... I was wondering if you have enjoyed the MSc thus far and why you have decided to progress to the MPhil at Oxford.

Congrats! MSc EM is close to the job market and the Professors are excellent. Mphil Eco is more suitable for future Dphil as well as the name of OXFORD.
Reply 384
Original post by Zoey1102
LSE is almost the best one can image for Economics. btw, what does your EM MSc stand for? I guess it's Economics & Management?

Ye
Original post by kunsss
Congrats! MSc EM is close to the job market and the Professors are excellent. Mphil Eco is more suitable for future Dphil as well as the name of OXFORD.

Thanks for the reply mate! Can I pm you for a couple more questions?
Reply 386
Original post by mr.monkey2203
Thanks for the reply mate! Can I pm you for a couple more questions?

lol. Tbh u are much better than me. But I am happy to answer any questions if I can haha.
did anyone else get a rejection last night?
Original post by psych_sheff
did anyone else get a rejection last night?

I did.
Reply 389
Original post by nitesh10
I did.

Me too lol. Both of u will go to LSE right ? Haha
Original post by kunsss
Me too lol. Both of u will go to LSE right ? Haha

No, I didn't apply there. Waiting to hear back from Cambridge and Warwick. Not very optimistic about it haha. If I don't get in, I'll apply again next year for Ph.D.'s.
Reply 391
Yes hahaha next year I will still have a try to cam or ox, never give up jajaja !
No, I didn't apply there. Waiting to hear back from Cambridge and Warwick. Not very optimistic about it haha. If I don't get in, I'll apply again next year for Ph.D.'s.

Nice well I will be at Warwick next year and yeah not optimistic about Cambridge either haha
Nice well I will be at Warwick next year and yeah not optimistic about Cambridge either haha

Brilliant. Which course will you be doing at Warwick?
Brilliant. Which course will you be doing at Warwick?i

I'll be doing the MSc in Economics. How about you?
I'll be doing the MSc in Economics. How about you?

Applied for MRes/Ph.D in Economics(Warwick).
Applied for MRes/Ph.D in Economics(Warwick).

nice! good luck man
Any info on college or funding anyone?
Original post by tartar_sauce
Any info on college or funding anyone?

I was informed last week that I did not get departmental funding. Waiting for colleges now - haven't heard of them.
Original post by foreign_app
I was informed last week that I did not get departmental funding. Waiting for colleges now - haven't heard of them.

Same situation. What about you @tartar_sauce ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending