The Student Room Group

Oxford MPhil Economics 2021 applicants

Scroll to see replies

It seems they will send offers and rejection at 2am on the last day they are allowed to hahaha. No one heard anything or observed a change on portal?
Original post by asdkjl213
Congrats!

Thank you! Hope Cambridge goes well for you too!!
Original post by tartar_sauce
It seems they will send offers and rejection at 2am on the last day they are allowed to hahaha. No one heard anything or observed a change on portal?

What do you mean 'the last they day they're allowed to'? I think they said we'll here back in 8-10 weeks, and we are only on the eight week if I'm not mistaken.

And no, my portal is the same
I’m joking really, there is nothing else to do than wait. Has anyone actually contacted them? Someone previously asked they said they will release all decisions this week.
Reply 64
The job market is always in good shape for Oxbridge graduates. You should worry more about your immigration status and work visa. I am assuming, of course, that you are an international student without an immediate right to work in the UK. Getting a tier 2 work visa for a job where similarly qualified British workers are applying to is the main barrier to entry for most international graduates.
I just received an offer for the MPhil! Nothing about funding, and it seems I have till 16 April to let them know.
Original post by starsunlight222
I just received an offer for the MPhil! Nothing about funding, and it seems I have till 16 April to let them know.

Wow, congrats!! Happy for you
Wow, congrats!! Happy for you

Do we know if they send out all offers on the same day?
Do we know if they send out all offers on the same day?

I think judging by the last couple of days, once the upload buttons vanish, a decision has been made. It then takes them a bit of time to process the offer document and email, so they are probably only doing a few a day. Seems like it was three offerss sent yesterday, though my decision was made yesterday too.
I think it may be a slow trickle at the moment especially if this is only for people who originally applied to the integrated MPhil + DPhil.
I think judging by the last couple of days, once the upload buttons vanish, a decision has been made. It then takes them a bit of time to process the offer document and email, so they are probably only doing a few a day. Seems like it was three offerss sent yesterday, though my decision was made yesterday too.
I think it may be a slow trickle at the moment especially if this is only for people who originally applied to the integrated MPhil + DPhil.

Makes sense. Hoping for the best!

Congrats! You will be able to sleep tonight! When did you apply?
Original post by tartar_sauce
Congrats! You will be able to sleep tonight! When did you apply?

Haha I know, thanks! I was fully prepared for another 2am. I applied 10 Jan.
Haha I know, thanks! I was fully prepared for another 2am. I applied 10 Jan.

Assuming you'll figure funding out, which offer are you going to accept?
If this is not starsunlight222, it seems that the offers being made on GradCafe are also only for being refereed from the integrated programme: "Two BSc degrees, one in Economics (w/ good GPA at top Swedish uni) and one in Mathematics. RA and TA experience. Rejected to MPhil-DPhil, but rerouted to MPhil where I was accepted today :smile:"
I reckon the standard MPhil offers - those who applied directly to the MPhil course - will start rolling out next week (in line with previous years)
Reply 75
Hello. I think they have started to send out the standard MPhil offers. Saw a post of gradcafe regarding acceptance.
If this is not starsunlight222, it seems that the offers being made on GradCafe are also only for being refereed from the integrated programme: "Two BSc degrees, one in Economics (w/ good GPA at top Swedish uni) and one in Mathematics. RA and TA experience. Rejected to MPhil-DPhil, but rerouted to MPhil where I was accepted today :smile:"

This wasn't me - I'll post my results on there too, so the next one you see will be me :biggrin:
Original post by MujRaf
Hello. I think they have started to send out the standard MPhil offers. Saw a post of gradcafe regarding acceptance.

Seems like all of them have been integrated though? Perhaps except one:

"Have a lower second (almost 3rd) from University of Sussex in Economics, truly shocked when I got the acceptance but excited to be attending my dream Uni!"

Also, can you stilll upload documents?
Reply 78
Seems like all of them have been integrated though? Perhaps except one:

"Have a lower second (almost 3rd) from University of Sussex in Economics, truly shocked when I got the acceptance but excited to be attending my dream Uni!"

Also, can you stilll upload documents?

Yeah I was also referring to this one. Seems like that's not from the integrated masters.

Yes, I still can upload my documents. Guess decision hasn't been made yet.
Original post by MujRaf
Yeah I was also referring to this one. Seems like that's not from the integrated masters.

Yes, I still can upload my documents. Guess decision hasn't been made yet.

I didn't even know they accepted below 2:1's in all honesty - seems strange that that is the first standalone offer to be sent out (given the current grading - though I am not trying to come across as an a-hole at all)

I can still upload my documents as well.

Question for everyone really. What is everyone's background?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending