A Levels/Law/Life/HELP

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Did anyone else want to do psychology for 3 years then realise they no longer wanted to do it then realised that they’re really good at history snd find law minutely interesting snd then decided to pick law based subject for their a levels? if the answer is yes (or you are doing law uni), did you regret it? is it worse than it looks? is it something you regret? tell me everything please and thank youuu
The University of Law Students
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Did anyone else want to do psychology for 3 years then realise they no longer wanted to do it then realised that they’re really good at history snd find law minutely interesting snd then decided to pick law based subject for their a levels? if the answer is yes (or you are doing law uni), did you regret it? is it worse than it looks? is it something you regret? tell me everything please and thank youuu
Hi!

This is a really interesting thread. I actually started out studying Music at University and I had to change courses due to an injury and just decided to study law and hoped for the best and I have never regretted that decision. I know I am an ambassador for The University of Law but I studied an LLB and really enjoyed it, so much so that I then did an LLM in International Human Rights and now I am nearing the end of studying the BPTC LLM with The University of Law- so I think you can safely see I have never looked back! (LLB and LLM were not studied at ULaw- for complete transparency!)

My A Levels were just subjects I was interested in (Spanish, English Literature, Music and History) and as far as I was aware, I was going to be a musician. Life has a funny way of showing you where you're meant to be though!

If you enjoy history I really think you will enjoy law at undergraduate level. A lot of historians, go on to study law as do theology and religion students for some reason!

Remember you don't have to study law from the get go and that's the great thing. You could for example study history at undergraduate but then do a GDL and transition into law after if you felt you wanted a career in the legal profession.

To answer your specific questions:
1. I have never regretted choosing law
2. It isn't worse than it looks!!! Yes, ok, it's a lot of reading at times but law is one great big puzzle and once you find the answer it's SO satisfying!
3. No, choosing law is not something I regret
4. If I told you everything this would be an even longer message, but please if you have any other questions about studying law that you think I might be able to help with, do drop your questions below and I'll do my best to answer

One last thing, have you thought about going to law school open days? The University of Law at the moment runs a lot of virtual open days, but also there are Chambers talks you could be going to or sign up to organisations like The Young Legal Aid Lawyers who put on lots of events and may spark your interest in Human Rights law for example! That may give you more of an insight into whether you think you would enjoy studying law for 3/4 years.

All the best!
Mercedes- Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (269)
42.3%
The paper was reasonable (262)
41.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (58)
9.12%
It was TERRIBLE (47)
7.39%

Watched Threads