Mohith123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi everyone, I recently received offers for the MSc Accounting and Finance at Imperial and the MSc Finance at Warwick. The Imperial program seems like a no brainer, but because the Finance and Accounting programme is considered to be a step down from the Finance programme, will this have an effect on IB recruiting? Is it a better option to pick Warwick, as the MSc Finance is the top programme at Warwick (although this does mean I will not be in London)? Does the programme or the University count for more? Would appreciate any opinions on this, thanks!
Harshhchoudhary
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer! I would recommend Imperial as from personal experience it is FAR easier to network in London than it is in say, Surrey (where I live). If you put in the effort it will yield big results for you. As for IB recruitment, this won't make a difference as both are the same.

Also, do you mind sharing your profile as I'm applying for the same course. When did you apply and when did you get the offer?
Mohith123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Harshhchoudhary)
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer! I would recommend Imperial as from personal experience it is FAR easier to network in London than it is in say, Surrey (where I live). If you put in the effort it will yield big results for you. As for IB recruitment, this won't make a difference as both are the same.

Also, do you mind sharing your profile as I'm applying for the same course. When did you apply and when did you get the offer?
Hi, thanks so much for your insight on this!

I've completed a Bachelor's in Business Administration from a top undergrad university in India with a GPA of 3.51/4, with a couple of years' work ex at a Fintech. I applied early January and got the offer at the end of February.
Warwick Business School
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Mohith123)
Hi everyone, I recently received offers for the MSc Accounting and Finance at Imperial and the MSc Finance at Warwick. The Imperial program seems like a no brainer, but because the Finance and Accounting programme is considered to be a step down from the Finance programme, will this have an effect on IB recruiting? Is it a better option to pick Warwick, as the MSc Finance is the top programme at Warwick (although this does mean I will not be in London)? Does the programme or the University count for more? Would appreciate any opinions on this, thanks!
Hello Mohith123

Congratulations on your offers!

Our MSc Finance course at WBS is highly competitive so well done on receiving an offer! If there is anything further I can help you with, in terms of considering our MSc Finance course please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

You may also be interested in attending our MSc Virtual Networking event which is taking place on Monday 22 March where you will be able to meet our current MSc students and Masters Recruitment Team to discover more about our courses and career opportunities. To find out more or register your interest you can do so here - https://www.wbs.ac.uk/events/view/6973

Francesca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (336)
83.58%
No (66)
16.42%

Watched Threads