I hate learning French

Watch
Confusing
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello, I am year 9 now. I really hate studying french. But my family thinks that I should keep learning french in my year 9. I really want to drop french in my year 9 now. What can I do?
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Don't worry, as a Brit it's natural to hate the French. However, if one does not learn French, how can one insult the French? It's truly a conundrum.

If you don't want to learn how to communicate with them (so as to insult them, obviously. Why else would they teach us French?) but feel pressured to do so by your family (who certainly must be dedicated to hating the French, to force it this hard. Real Roast Beef!) then don't learn.

Flipping the bird is universal, and certainly more than enough to drive any Frenchman irate. So rest easy, and explain to your family that you don't feel it necessary to learn French, as you have other means to carry out your purpose as a Brit.
Rufus the red
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I entirely agree with the above poster and suggest that in the free time you get from not doing French you could grow a spiffing mustache. Quite possibly Kitchener-esque.
Simply tell your parents that you don't feel the French are relevant in this current age (unless we invade/liberate them - in which case we shall encourage them to speak our mighty dialect).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.8%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.66%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.69%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.26%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.8%
Financial worries (50)
6.75%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.58%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.69%

Watched Threads