m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by missgalaxy)
how do you make a sticky thread?
if possible, could this be made sticky
PM one of the mods. Someone like edders might be good, since he's at ICL (or even rahaydenuk, but we don't want to be bothering him for these menial tasks )
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Still a possibility of me getting a Cambridge offer (had a pool interview today) but at the moment (and probably for good) it's Imperial all the way! Living in London would be great craic all together.

Course: Physics with TheorPhys MSci
Offer: AAA (incl maths and physics)
That's my course
Good luck with your exams, hope to see you here in October.
mak101
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Name: Rishi M
Course: Physics with Theoretical Physics
Offer: Yes
Offer conditions: AA (A in Physics, A in Econ or Further Maths)

Hey hitchhiker were u at that interview day thing at imperial in november (i think?)??

ooh and edder what halls are you at? i want to get into the beit hall!! is there neway i can secure that?
not1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mak101)
Name: Rishi M
Course: Physics with Theoretical Physics
Offer conditions: AA (A in Physics, A in Econ or Further Maths)

Hey hitchhiker were u at that interview day thing at imperial in november (i think?)??

ooh and edder what halls are you at? i want to get into the beit hall!! is there neway i can secure that?
I'm in Bernard Sunley House, which is a better hall than Beit anyway
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by edders)
That's my course
Good luck with your exams, hope to see you here in October.
Thank you - so you enjoy it then? I love Imperial. Ever since I read Faster than the Speed of Light by Joao Magueijo.

Mak - I was there on the 16th of November. There was me and nine boys. Is that the day you were there?
mak101
Report 14 years ago
nope i was there on the 14th!! there was a few girls at the interview day i was at! which is always a good thing
i guess ill see you in october then too!
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mak101)
nope i was there on the 14th!! there was a few girls at the interview day i was at! which is always a good thing
i guess ill see you in october then too!
yaaaay he/she's been persuaded!!
missgalaxy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
out of interest: but has imperial already made most of their offers, or will the majority of the offers come these following months?
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by edders)
I'm in Bernard Sunley House, which is a better hall than Beit anyway
Don't kid yourself , Beit is the best, everyone knows it, it's almost like a hotel inside, I wouldn't give it up for any other hall.
If I didn't have Beit, I'd have probably wanted Southside just for it's closeness, though it looks scary inside!

Btw to the person that asked...it is quite hard (impossible) to guarantee you a place at Beit as on the accom form they ask u stuff like "would u like single/single ensuite/ twin ensuite etc etc" and a massive amount of people tick single ensuite praying for beit so it's just luck. They don't ask you which accom is your first choice, because clearly everyone (who could afford it anyway) will say Beit as #1.
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by missgalaxy)
out of interest: but has imperial already made most of their offers, or will the majority of the offers come these following months?
Don't jest :/
not1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
Don't kid yourself , Beit is the best, everyone knows it, it's almost like a hotel inside, I wouldn't give it up for any other hall.
If I didn't have Beit, I'd have probably wanted Southside just for it's closeness, though it looks scary inside!
It isn't the best.
1) Its rent is overpriced
2) BSH was refurbished in 2003 so it's like new. Have you seen it?
3) BSH actually has some kind of separate identity from the college, because it's not right in the middle of it! When you come back to your room it feels like you're actually outside of 'work', even though you're only 15 minutes' walk away.

:p:
swishmasta
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
when do we get the forms for accomodation ?
xaxa
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I really can't remember... might have been about May...
missgalaxy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by ponjavic)
Don't jest :/
sry, but your offer will come sooner or later (look at your grades)!!
so calm down, mate
pole_from_swede
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
1st Course:
Name: Piotr
Course: Computing with Software Management (or something)
Conditions: 36 IB with 6,6 in Math and Physics HL

2nd Course:
Course: Electric Engineering with Management
Offer: Not Yet

I want to get this Electric Engineering. All you lucky ppl who got your´offer congrats!!
Hopefully I will join this tiny circle soon. But me think me got too weak grades

BTW if I want to study Electric Engineering, and will get an offer from UCL but not from Imperial, do you think I should choose UCL as my first choice or is Computing at Imperial also an Engineering course. I mean they are 1st in Europe and 5th in the World, so how could I turn such a GREAT school down? And which of these two i.e. Computing and Electric Eng is closer bounded to the project of International Space Station? I mean I want to cooperate in this thing so which would educate me better in this direction?
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pole_from_swede)
1st Course:
Name: Piotr
Course: Computing with Software Management (or something)
Conditions: 36 IB with 6,6 in Math and Physics HL

2nd Course:
Course: Electric Engineering with Management
Offer: Not Yet

I want to get this Electric Engineering. All you lucky ppl who got your´offer congrats!!
Hopefully I will join this tiny circle soon. But me think me got too weak grades

BTW if I want to study Electric Engineering, and will get an offer from UCL but not from Imperial, do you think I should choose UCL as my first choice or is Computing at Imperial also an Engineering course. I mean they are 1st in Europe and 5th in the World, so how could I turn such a GREAT school down? And which of these two i.e. Computing and Electric Eng is closer bounded to the project of International Space Station? I mean I want to cooperate in this thing so which would educate me better in this direction?
Computing is undoubtedly one of Imperial's best (and most demanding) courses. UCL does not even compare, they do no work in comparison anyway.
Btw if you do computing, you'll graduate with a BEng/MEng as the course is taught from an engineering perspective.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by swishmasta)
when do we get the forms for accomodation ?
Quite late...May.
utkucan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
do we receive anything till may about the university at all after accepting the offer?
xaxa
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by utkucan)
do we receive anything till may about the university at all after accepting the offer?
I can't remember. They might wait until you achieve the offer. What kind of information do you need/want?
mullally87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Name: Michael
Course: Civil Engineering
Offer: Hell yeah!
Offer conditions: ABB (A in maths, B in chemistry and physics)

Am well pleased. Its defo my first choice, other unis i applied to (bath,bristol,cardiff,loughborou gh and sheffield) bear no comparison.

See u there geezaz!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads