London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Huzzah for girls :tongue: :biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Name: Nima
Offer: Yes - AAB (AA in Maths and Physics)
Course: Physics MSci
Reply 62
Floyd
What's the point in putting Cambridge as insurance? If you can't get into Imperial (AAB), how can you then expect to get into Cambridge (AAA)???

maybe I have misunderstood something as a foreign newbie regarding the UK application system...

Yes it is pointless... hence I said it "Breaks the System".

I'm quietly confident I'll easily pass my offer conditions and add onto that that I don't want to particularly go to any of the other Uni's on my list.. I decided to but Camb down as second choice.

Actually, the main reason is that when I was making the selection.. I was thinking to myself.. wonder how good the validtion system is on the UCAS site seeing that just about everything else is broken on it :P

MdSalih
if u prefer imperial to cambridge, then why not put down warwick as a second choice - it is a better alternative than cambridge.

why did u not put cambridge as first choice?
Reply 64
Well maybe because Imperial is obviously the best uni in the uk for computing???
so??? if he doesnt get the grades AAB for imperial, then what are the chances of getting into cambridge with those grades?
Reply 66
just re-read what he wrote, will you?
he applied to a load of unis he didnt want to go to? and the ucas site is broken?
Reply 68
pretty much :smile:
Reply 69
Name: Hang
Course: Computing(BSc)
Offer :Yes
Offer conditions: AB in either two of Further Maths,Computing and Chemistry
Reply 70
I received confirmation of my place today :smile: So exciting :biggrin:
We won't receive accomodation info til May it says
Reply 71
Name: Mohan
Course: Aeronautics
Offer conditions: A - Physics, A - Mathematics and B - Chemistry
Reply 72
MdSalih

Actually, the main reason is that when I was making the selection.. I was thinking to myself.. wonder how good the validtion system is on the UCAS site seeing that just about everything else is broken on it :P

MdSalih

Offer conditions aren't validated. The letter I got from ucas after i had all my replies was that you could choose an insurance with higher conditions than your firm, but you are obliged to go to your firm choice if you meet the grades.
Reply 73
Hash
Offer conditions aren't validated. The letter I got from ucas after i had all my replies was that you could choose an insurance with higher conditions than your firm, but you are obliged to go to your firm choice if you meet the grades.

lol.. thats just silly.. and there was me doing it for fun :P

MdSalih
Reply 74
Name: kingAS
Course: Mechanical Engineering (MEng)
Offer conditions: AAA from Math, Physics, Chem or Further Math
Reply 75
KingAS
Name: kingAS
Course: Mechanical Engineering (MEng)
Offer conditions: AAA from Math, Physics, Chem or Further Math

Would you mind sharing grades and anything special about PS? Did you have an interview?
Wondering as I'm still waiting for a responce :P
Reply 76
ponjavic
Would you mind sharing grades and anything special about PS? Did you have an interview?
Wondering as I'm still waiting for a responce :P

i did GCSE's and A-levels:
gcse: 5A*, 4A's and 1B
as: AAAAA
A-level (predicted): AAAA

no interview, cause i am an international student i guess. an average PS, but good teacher recs (my guess).

btw they make decisions for all the students who applied for that course from the same country at the same time...

hope this helps
Reply 77
If I was given the choice between computing at Imperial or Cambridge, I would probably choose Cambridge; not because it does the subject better, but because, well, it seems like a nicer place to live with more interesting company.
Reply 78
Well if i was given the choice i would definetely choose imperial.Cam may be better life is better,but i would go for the best academically
Reply 79
vigo
Well if i was given the choice i would definetely choose imperial.Cam may be better life is better,but i would go for the best academically

They're both very different courses (from what I gathered at open days). I'm not sure you can fairly compare which is better academically.

Latest

Trending

Trending