The Student Room Group

if you reject your insurance offer, can you apply through clearing?

Hey guys,
So I'm a bit stuck. I know what I want my firm to be but the university that I would have considered my second choice has a higher offer than my firm. All the other that i could have as my next choice as insurance has the same offer or higher. But the lowest offers that I could accept as insurance I wouldn't want to go to. So I'm just wondering what to do and whether I should just not pick an insurance, or pick one that I really don't plan on going to, but if for some reason I didn't get my firm can I still apply for clearing even if I have picked an insurance?

Thanks, sorry if this is really confusing...😅
Reply 1
I recommend going asking for clearing from one of your desired unis
Your insurance cab be a higher offer, there’s just much less chance you’ll be able to take up that place.

Yes, you can release yourself into clearing regardless if needs be. But most people’s Firm ends up having some flexibility and relatively few people end up at their insurance.
Original post by Admit-One
Your insurance cab be a higher offer, there’s just much less chance you’ll be able to take up that place.

Yes, you can release yourself into clearing regardless if needs be. But most people’s Firm ends up having some flexibility and relatively few people end up at their insurance.

Ahh cool thanks 👍🏻
It’s better to have an insurance with the same/higher requirements that you like or no insurance at all than an insurance choice that you don’t want to go to.

While you CAN release yourself into clearing that’s only an option once your track has you as unconditional firm with either your firm or insurance. Universities are likely to have less time to process results this year and insurance applications are bottom of the list so there’s a chance track will not update to unconditional firm for your insurance on results day - which will then delay getting placed into clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending