The Student Room Group

Unintentional sexual assault

Me and my boyfriend were being intimate and things got very heated. We’ve never had sex and are both waiting till marriage but we do other things. He was f*ngering me and I wanted him to do so and was comfortable with it. He then tried inserting another finger which obviously took me off guard and he didn’t ask to do so. We’ve never really done the whole verbal consent thing cuz we’ve both been happy to where things have led. But i was in pain and told him to stop in which he did but I can’t but think was it a form of assault because he did so without asking. Like I said we’ve never done the whole verbal consent thing so he never asked even though I think he should’ve. I’ve also been sexually assaulted once before and I’ve only ever told him so I feel very disrespected because I feel like he’s done it again. His argument was that he only wanted to please me and didn’t intentionally want to hurt me, but he also sees the wrong in his actions and ever since has asked for consent verbally everytime. Would that one occasion be considered sexual assault? And do I forgive him for it? because I can tell he is genuinely sorry for his actions. Sorry for the vivid descriptions lmao I just didn’t know how else to explain it. We spoke about it afterwards and I was in tears and I could tell he felt bad and like I mentioned he asked for consent verbally again. Can this be deemed as a “mistake” or should I see it as assault. Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Personally I think it was an accident—- but idk what else it would be.
He's apologised and stopped when you asked as well as you not having done prior verbal consent.
I'd say that he had no malintent. It could be considered assault to a degree but I don't think it would hold in court if told as you did there.
Do you think the difficult feelings that you are experiencing right now relate on any level to your previous experiences? I don't mean that in a gas lighty way.

It's doesn't sound like he had any ill will or was malicious on any level, make of that what you will.
Sounds like a genuine mistake caused by insufficient communication.
As soon as you told him to stop he immediately did and apologised.
Seems like he misunderstood what you wanted him to do and were comfortable with.
Reply 5
Sounds like you're a troll. But if genuine, maybe if you're not comfortable doing role play/oral or whatever besides normal sex... dont do it. Simple.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Chathelp
Sounds like you're a troll. But if genuine, maybe if you're not comfortable doing role play/oral or whatever besides normal sex... dont do it. Simple.

Why would anyone troll about this? I said I’m comfortable doing it but he didn’t ask.
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend were being intimate and things got very heated. We’ve never had sex and are both waiting till marriage but we do other things. He was f*ngering me and I wanted him to do so and was comfortable with it. He then tried inserting another finger which obviously took me off guard and he didn’t ask to do so. We’ve never really done the whole verbal consent thing cuz we’ve both been happy to where things have led. But i was in pain and told him to stop in which he did but I can’t but think was it a form of assault because he did so without asking. Like I said we’ve never done the whole verbal consent thing so he never asked even though I think he should’ve. I’ve also been sexually assaulted once before and I’ve only ever told him so I feel very disrespected because I feel like he’s done it again. His argument was that he only wanted to please me and didn’t intentionally want to hurt me, but he also sees the wrong in his actions and ever since has asked for consent verbally everytime. Would that one occasion be considered sexual assault? And do I forgive him for it? because I can tell he is genuinely sorry for his actions. Sorry for the vivid descriptions lmao I just didn’t know how else to explain it. We spoke about it afterwards and I was in tears and I could tell he felt bad and like I mentioned he asked for consent verbally again. Can this be deemed as a “mistake” or should I see it as assault. Thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure it was sexual assault and it was an accident
I agree with the user above actually. In a sense it’s a bit like if you were giving him a bj and then your teeth grazed it so he asked you to stop.
Reply 9
no. that's how fingering works?
your feelings are probably due to your past trauma
Reply 10
No. If you never ask for verbal consent from each other, why would you expect it this time?
I think it was a genuine mistake. I understand that your past trauma affects how you feel about this, so maybe verbal consent would put your mind at rest.
People like you devalue what it means to be sexually assaulted. This is why no one is believed when they claim they’ve been assaulted.
Not assault. He stopped when you asked him to and hasn't done it again.
(edited 3 years ago)
People like you devalue what it means to be sexually assaulted. This is why no one is believed when they claim they’ve been assaulted.

Inclined to think this too, tbh :redface:
Did you receive counselling after the sexual assault? You may not be ready for a relationship yet.

I agree, its pretty sad. All these 'woke' movements getting to feeble minded brains. Next its gonna be 'he smiled at me, sexual assault, don't look at me' 🤷*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending