The Student Room Group

Will Labour ever come to power again?

Do you guys think the labour party is finished or does it still have enough life left for it to rise again and become a major force in British politics?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ronaldinhoe
Do you guys think the labour party is finished or does it still have enough life left for it to rise again and become a major force in British politics?

I think it definitely will do it once this generation becomes Of the voting age because the Tories are ****ed everybody over during Covid and I feel like a lot of the high school to college students have been ****ed over the worst meaning they’re going to be out for blood ones voting season rules around again
I seriously feel like labour might be over since they will have been out of power for 14 years when the next election arrives. Keir starmer doesn't seem like he has it in him to win the election. Maybe an Andy Burnham or Yvette cooper would've been better.
Do you reckon it's likely rishi sunak could replace Boris in 2024?
(edited 3 years ago)
I think they're the only two people that could do a worse job than Keir !

Ed Balls was the leader that could have had potential but he's gone now.

Labour is dead (thank God) , they just don't know it yet.
Reply 5
Theres no reason why it wont. We have a 2 party system, for all intents and purposes, after all and the tories are hardly endearing themselves to the electorate.
With a bit of luck, no.
Original post by imlikeahermit
With a bit of luck, no.

So you'd prefer Dictatorship? A Tory Dictatorship? Or a UKIP Dictatorship? A Right Wing Dictatorship? Totally not fascism at all. I mean how's it fascist to believe only one side on an entire spectrum of politics is entitled to power or change should and only be determined by the right wing elites? You're quite literally arguing against the idea of democracy and you think the solution is to promote even more partisanship.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Wanttobreakfree
So you'd prefer Dictatorship? A Tory Dictatorship? Or a UKIP Dictatorship? A Right Wing Dictatorship? Totally not fascism at all. I mean how's it fascist to believe only one side on an entire spectrum of politics is entitled to power or change should and only be determined by the right wing elites? You're quite literally arguing against the idea of democracy and you think the solution is to promote even more partisanship.

Blah blah blah. It’s like you’ve read “Left wing lunacy for beginners” and just blurted it out on this forum in different threads.
Blah blah blah. It’s like you’ve read “Left wing lunacy for beginners” and just blurted it out on this forum in different threads.

Your argument to that is really just going to be yet another pitiful logically fallacious ad-hominem attack; no how about you carefully explain how and or why I'm wrong in my assessment of your stances instead of dodging the question?
Your argument to that is really just going to be yet another pitiful logically fallacious ad-hominem attack; no how about you carefully explain how and or why I'm wrong in my assessment of your stances instead of dodging the question?

Not dodging anything. You’ve spewed a few left wing cliches, hoyed the word fascism in, and hoped for the best. My post was simply stating my hope that we’ll stick with the Tories for quite some time, or to be fair anything other than Labour. Your reply had absolutely nothing to do with that, and again, as you’ve displayed on multiple threads is just left wing bile.
Not dodging anything. You’ve spewed a few left wing cliches, hoyed the word fascism in, and hoped for the best. My post was simply stating my hope that we’ll stick with the Tories for quite some time, or to be fair anything other than Labour. Your reply had absolutely nothing to do with that, and again, as you’ve displayed on multiple threads is just left wing bile.

Define this buzz term for me: 'left wing cliche?" Holding the government to account for its lies and its corrupt actions as other countries rightfully scorn us for the same set of facts? Why what utilitarian benefit are they providing the country looting 37 sum billions in working-class taxes both from public and private sector to give illegal contracts to their mates for track n' trace systems that completely fail whilst they put forth bills to dismantle democratic protest in the process? You can't even give me a reason why you support The Tories other than the fact you do it out of malice to: 'own the libs or lefties' this is the politics of a four year old. You think you command respect and you've nothing to show for it merely excuses, logical fallacies and outright denial.
(edited 3 years ago)
Define this buzz term for me: 'left wing cliche?" Holding the government to account for its lies and its corrupt actions as other countries rightfully scorn us for the same set of fats? Why what utilitarian benefit are they providing the country looting 37 sum billions in working-class taxes both from public and private sector to give illegal contracts to their mates for track n' trace systems that completely fail whilst they put forth bills to dismantle democratic protest in the process? You can't even give me a reason why you support The Tories other than the fact you do it out of malice to: 'own the libs or lefties' this is the politics of a four year old. You think you command respect and you've nothing to show for it merely excuses, logical fallacies and outright denial.

And you accused all right wing men of being pedophiles which you have absolutely not a shred of evidence to support? Not wasting my time essentially, I figure it’s only a matter of time before you end up banned for trolling anyway.
And you accused all right wing men of being pedophiles which you have absolutely not a shred of evidence to support? Not wasting my time essentially, I figure it’s only a matter of time before you end up banned for trolling anyway.

No I didn't I said far-right. Not all right-wingers are far right. Y'know your lying about this and I BTFO you every-time your try to bring it up. What does this non-sequitur have anything to do with the prior comment?
No I didn't I said far-right. Not all right-wingers are far right. Y'know your lying about this and I BTFO you every-time your try to bring it up.

Far right or right, there’s still not a shred of evidence to back that up. It’s complete ********.
Far right or right, there’s still not a shred of evidence to back that up. It’s complete ********.

Sure there is the fact that the majority of them are beholden to old traditions and want to return to said traditions in addition to the countless endless examples of far-right paedophiles starting with the EDL here. The far-right are just degenerates my dude what can I say. They're usually religious fundamentalists or those who seek to dominate the vulnerable for the sake of their own insecurities. Also right yet it's not complete bulls*** when you claim Labour are in favour of paedophilia and that Muslims are somehow most likely to be paedophiles in general as opposed to other acutal far-right groups who aren't Muslim? You're so weaselly dude can't debate me on a consistent position of value you proclaim to hold for s***.
(edited 3 years ago)
Sure there is the fact that the majority of them are beholden to old traditions and want to return to said traditions in addition to the countless endless examples of far-right paedophiles. The far-right are just degenerates my dude what can I say. They're usually religious fundamentalists or those who seek to dominate the vulnerable for the sake of their own insecurities. Also right yet it's not complete bulls*** when you claim Labour are in favour of paedophilia and that Muslims are most likely to be paedophiles in general as opposed to other far-right groups? You're so weaselly dude can't debate me on a consistent position of value you proclaim to hold for s***.

Lmao. When you can put together a coherent argument that isn’t just left wing waffle come back to me.
Lmao. When you can put together a coherent argument that isn’t just left wing waffle come back to me.

Projection won't work on me and yes I agree you barely can type a coherent consistent argument to save your life that's why you're Conservative. https://www.sciencealert.com/extremist-brains-perform-poorly-at-complex-mental-tasks-experiment-reveals

Screenshot 2021-03-13 134036.jpg
I sure do hope you like science.
(edited 3 years ago)

Meanwhiile the biggest nonces in parliament were Cyril Smith and Grevylle Janner (both on the left ) and NAMBLA was a left wing organisation which once included Harriet Harman and other prominent left wing politicians...

Edit: Sorry wrong nonce organisation

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/10659100/Harriet-Harman-Jack-Dromey-Patricia-Hewitt-and-the-Paedophile-Information-Exchange.html
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Starship Trooper
Meanwhiile the biggest nonces in parliament were Cyril Smith and Grevylle Janner (both on the left ) and NAMBLA was a left wing organisation which once included Harriet Harman and other prominent left wing politicians...

NAMBLA is not a left wing organisation. What's: 'left wing' about it in terms of economic and or social policy? In addition are all the examples you can think of is two? I never said there were no left wing paedophiles and yes I'm equally against them as I an any other group. Again you know this is a false-dichotomy logical fallacy you're attempting to imply cause of a few individuals that my default an entire broad spectrum of politics spanning centuries supports the act of child abuse. Sad thing is you probably think you're actually genuinely sane for thinking in this manner even if you don't actually think all people on the left are paedophiles. How about we have a look what goes on in the US GQP Republican party shall we. Starting with known nonce extraordinaire Roy Moore.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=946300&boardid=2

https://old.reddit.com/r/news/comments/da96bi/army_officer_at_maralago_accessed_russian/f1od73c/
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending