Is megan Markle preparing a presidential run?

Watch
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Granted this only comes from a 3rd level source, and probably a 3rd rate one at that (yes yes dm and sputnik), but could be an amusing spectacle if nothing else. Does anyone here think shed stand a chance at becoming president? In "liberal" bastions like the coastal cities i can imagine theyd drool at the prospect but anywhere else? I cant see it ending in anything other than a Hilary mark 2, probably a bit worse given the extra unpalatable baggage she carries for some quarters like being tied to the monarchy (enough to make most republicans blanch)

What does everyone else think on this though, is this anything other than chinese whispers and gossip? Would she stand a chance? And would this be horrific for the UK//US relationship if she did somehow both run and win?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...President.html
https://sputniknews.com/us/202103141...viptnAmsOo_MPI
N. Auditoré
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
Granted this only comes from a 3rd level source, and probably a 3rd rate one at that (yes yes dm and sputnik), but could be an amusing spectacle if nothing else. Does anyone here think shed stand a chance at becoming president? In "liberal" bastions like the coastal cities i can imagine theyd drool at the prospect but anywhere else? I cant see it ending in anything other than a Hilary mark 2, probably a bit worse given the extra unpalatable baggage she carries for some quarters like being tied to the monarchy (enough to make most republicans blanch)

What does everyone else think on this though, is this anything other than chinese whispers and gossip? Would she stand a chance? And would this be horrific for the UK//US relationship if she did somehow both run and win?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...President.html
https://sputniknews.com/us/202103141...viptnAmsOo_MPI
Honestly I wouldn’t like the move because if she attempted every news article in the UK would probably read something like:

“Narcissistic ex-royal doesn’t stop at trying to conquer the UK, now she wants to rule the world”

“Harry whatever-his-last-name-is and the Half-Blood princess strike again”

etc.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not a chance
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. Her target demographic would be the populist left.
2. She's been accused of bullying.
3. The accusation alone would sink her in accordance with woke standards.
AlphaZeta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ivanka Trump V Megan Markle
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AlphaZeta)
Ivanka Trump V Megan Markle
Might as well be Paris Hilton vs. Nicole Richie.

#celebritocracy
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If that's true (which I highly doubt) then she really is delusional. If she couldn't even cope with the pressure and stresses of being a minor royal in Britain, how on earth would she cope with being the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth?
parmezanne
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really hope not

I want a politician to run politics, not an actress from suits!
Starship Trooper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We've got pretty much the same thing with Kamala Harris anyway: Ruthless harpy who cries about victimhood and phony outrage culture whilst sleeping her way to the top.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ascend)
1. Her target demographic would be the populist left.
2. She's been accused of bullying.
3. The accusation alone would sink her in accordance with woke standards. [/quote]
Ah but you forget, shes a minority who knows how to play to the gallery. Plus the lefties have nicely demonstrated their ability to tack in which ever direction the wind is blowing (as do the right for that matter).
(Original post by AlphaZeta)
Ivanka Trump V Megan Markle [/quote]
As a silver lining ot would provide endless giggles for those of us actually interested in politics and policy. It would be a damning indictment of her that Trump would actually be more qualified though and quite possibly more popular :rofl:
(Original post by Wōden)
If that's true (which I highly doubt) then she really is delusional. If she couldn't even cope with the pressure and stresses of being a minor royal in Britain, how on earth would she cope with being the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth? [/quote]
It would certainly present some entertaining contradictions. Never mind it would probably give some credence to Piers Morgans comments on her, shall we say, liberal attitude to the truth.
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
We've got pretty much the same thing with Kamala Harris anyway: Ruthless harpy who cries about victimhood and phony outrage culture whilst sleeping her way to the top. [/quote]
I cant say im familiar with this accusation of her, can you expand?
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It would be amusing if she tried. But she has no chance, and either she's a barefaced liar or she's completely unable to handle public scrutiny (or a bit of both) so I don't think she would want to.
Mouse In Maze
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think she'd make a great President, possibly even PM.
Genaro_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I highly doubt it.
parmezanne
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Igniform)
Is she still called the Duchess of Sussex? Seems she thinks she deserves to be Queen of America.
I think they're due to be handed back soon. :yep:
Jowo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by parmezanne)
I really hope not

I want a politician to run politics, not an actress from suits!
Ronald Reagan - there is a precedent.

Other notable politicians from an acting background include Arnold Schwatzenegger and Glenda Jackson.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jowo)

Other notable politicians from an acting background include Arnold Schwatzenegger and Glenda Jackson.
Ironically, two of them were 'relatively' good. Or at least not complete ******s to the people they represent.
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jowo)

The Gipper had a background in politics before he became the Pres. He did two terms as the Governor of California.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Meanwhile,

Former Trump campaign manager advising Jenner on potential California gubernatorial run.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Oh god, what is it with California and being a training ground for loony political aspirants? Granted Arnie wasnt that bad (awful governor but nice enough person).
Then again, at least this chap wouldnt be quite as bad as any of the family members. In terms of vs. Markle though? Would you like your turd to sink or float?
barnet1471
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Oh god, what is it with California and being a training ground for loony political aspirants? Granted Arnie wasnt that bad (awful governor but nice enough person).
Then again, at least this chap wouldnt be quite as bad as any of the family members. In terms of vs. Markle though? Would you like your turd to sink or float?
I don't think it's going to happen. I know that the Duchess of Sussex would make a better President than Donald Trump, but that is not difficult. Probably every other Republican candidate who put themselves forward in 2016 would have been better than Donald Trump.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (438)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (334)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (414)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (161)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (281)
9.45%

Watched Threads