The Student Room Group

Long distance relationship advice

Hey,
I'm in a long distance relationship that is working well at the minute but we're both quite new to it all so i need some advice on support on what to expect and how to keep things working. We're both 16, me in the UK and him in the Netherlands. It's always comforted me to know the Netherlands is only an hour away by plane so when we can start to see each other, we should be able to frequently. We have a strong connection and have been planning phone calls around both our education, and we speak for hours most Friday and Saturday nights. I hope this is enough context for some of you to give your opinion.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
I'm in a long distance relationship that is working well at the minute but we're both quite new to it all so i need some advice on support on what to expect and how to keep things working. We're both 16, me in the UK and him in the Netherlands. It's always comforted me to know the Netherlands is only an hour away by plane so when we can start to see each other, we should be able to frequently. We have a strong connection and have been planning phone calls around both our education, and we speak for hours most Friday and Saturday nights. I hope this is enough context for some of you to give your opinion.

Make sure you guys keep communicating and showing interest in the relationship because if communication is lost it all goes downhill from there.
Hey,

How did you guys meet
Make sure you guys keep communicating and showing interest in the relationship because if communication is lost it all goes downhill from there.

Yes exactly
I am in a distance relationship myself (although it's different because we started our relationship being in the same place, and then distance was introduced due to work). What I think is particularly important is to show that you are both putting effort in the relationship... if communication and meets (when possible again) start being always an initiative of one in the couple, problems rise.
Original post by polscistudent
I am in a distance relationship myself (although it's different because we started our relationship being in the same place, and then distance was introduced due to work). What I think is particularly important is to show that you are both putting effort in the relationship... if communication and meets (when possible again) start being always an initiative of one in the couple, problems rise.

Yeah exactly I hate when the other people doesn’t put in enough energy and give you enough attention

Quick Reply

Latest