The Student Room Group

Should i cheat in my mocks

Idk if its work cheating. I feel so stressed and overwhelmed with mocks starting next week. I usually get high grades so cheating wouldn't look suspicious but if I don't them I know I will flop and dissapoint everyone. Theres so much pressure on me to do well but I haven't done much revision. Should I cheat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Idk if its work cheating. I feel so stressed and overwhelmed with mocks starting next week. I usually get high grades so cheating wouldn't look suspicious but if I don't them I know I will flop and dissapoint everyone. Theres so much pressure on me to do well but I haven't done much revision. Should I cheat?

No.
No why should you cheat? I can actually tell you that I saw the papers for my science 2020 GCSE mocks since I was revising. It wasn't directly cheating but the thing is I did it so close to the test that I actually knew most of the answers. Even worse, those were the grades for my GCSE results last year, and I still feel guilty about 'cheating' to this day, since it wasn't a fair representation of myself. Honestly, even if you are stressed you can only give it your best shot and if you're usually a high achiever than its not going to affect you if you get one bad result.
Reply 3
Original post by gregdixon2021
No why should you cheat? I can actually tell you that I saw the papers for my science 2020 GCSE mocks since I was revising. It wasn't directly cheating but the thing is I did it so close to the test that I actually knew most of the answers. Even worse, those were the grades for my GCSE results last year, and I still feel guilty about 'cheating' to this day, since it wasn't a fair representation of myself. Honestly, even if you are stressed you can only give it your best shot and if you're usually a high achiever than its not going to affect you if you get one bad result.

Okay thanks this re assured me. I will put all my effort into theses mocks and hope for the best.
i've been thinking the same thing..
Reply 5
i've been thinking the same thing..

It's honestly so tempting man......
No man please dont!!!!!!! I get that its so stressful and so much pressure rn on all of us but please dont!!! Youre gonna put so many peoples future at risk.

cheating won't get you anywhere because if you do successfully survive this time you will eventually flop wether it's at uni entrance exams or a-levels
It's honestly so tempting man......

it really is, if i can get hold of the papers beforehand, i definitely will
Reply 9
Okay guys thanks for the replies. I have started watching videos and making brief notes on topics I am struggling with. I will only look at a few questions and if I get a low mark, I always have the mini exams to prove my true ability.
Okay guys thanks for the replies. I have started watching videos and making brief notes on topics I am struggling with. I will only look at a few questions and if I get a low mark, I always have the mini exams to prove my true ability.

What are you studying for and at what level ?
What are you studying for and at what level ?

GCSEs in yr11
YES!!! You should!!!
GCSEs in yr11

If you need some good resources watch for science freesciencelessons, primrose kitten or cgpbooks.

English watch mrbruff
Maths watch maths genie or Hegarty maths

Legit life savers for me personally
If you need some good resources watch for science freesciencelessons, primrose kitten or cgpbooks.

English watch mrbruff
Maths watch maths genie or Hegarty maths

Legit life savers for me personally

Thanks im going through these now but I know its still not enough time to cover all of it. I feel so stupid now for leaving everything last minute
Thanks im going through these now but I know its still not enough time to cover all of it. I feel so stupid now for leaving everything last minute

I always tended to skip revising for English language since its really general knowledge after a while. English lit I would give it a quick overview and done. Maths and science are the ones you really need to focus on. Primrose kitten does like 2 hour videos on everything for paper 1 of biology etc if you're in a real rush
Original post by iamthicccccc1405
YES!!! You should!!!

REally???
I always tended to skip revising for English language since its really general knowledge after a while. English lit I would give it a quick overview and done. Maths and science are the ones you really need to focus on. Primrose kitten does like 2 hour videos on everything for paper 1 of biology etc if you're in a real rush

Okay so youre saying I shouldn't cheat
REally???

Yeah go for it!!!
Okay so youre saying I shouldn't cheat

Honestly its up to you but if you do cheat then you're not proving yourself and you will be caught out for it at AS and A-level

Quick Reply

Latest