How to deal with slow progress & fear of weight gain

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’ve made so much progress in my weight loss & fitness journey since november. I’m not exactly where i want to be yet but still, i’m proud. i’ve shown myself that progress takes time and dedication but i still get anxious that i won’t be where i want to be (aesthetically) by a certain date (end of alevels), ik that long term slow progress is the most sustainable so how can i stop stressing about this dumb goal date i set at the start of my journey? also i’m scared of gaining all the weight back/gaining weight period. how can i learn to trust myself, i’ve literally proven to myself that i can do it yet i’m still anxious
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I've run marathons, but thinking of the whole 26 miles is daunting, so I break it down. In a race I count up how many miles I've done, then after halfway count down the miles left. So, I'd be thinking "I've done 10..11..12..13" then "only 8..7..6..5 to do."

In other words, first celebrate what you have done so far, and I'll add very well done for your achievements! Second, consider what you have left to do in terms of weight loss; it's now a much smaller number than when you first started.

You didn't go "what can I do for the end of A-levels? I know, I'll lose weight." You decided to lose weight, and happened to choose a date. However, you are doing exactly what you set out to do, so forget the when, it's arbitrary. Focus on the what and why; weight loss and health benefits. Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
4.17%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (5)
10.42%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (5)
10.42%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (20)
41.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (9)
18.75%

Watched Threads