What grades do I need to get in my last two modules to get a 2.1 altogether?

Watch
buddhalight6318
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am studying a Psychology degree and I have battled issues with my mental health which has prevented me from doing as well as I'd hoped, but would still like to opt for a 2.1 overall.

I was wondering what the minimum grades are I'd need in my last two modules (one standard module, and then my dissertation) to get a 2.1 overall.

Year 2 is worth 20%, Year 3 is worth 80%. Each module is worth 20 credits. The dissertation module is worth 40 credits.

Here are my grades so far for Year 2:

Year 3:
Last module: pending
Dissertation module: pending

Thanks!
SeizureGman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by buddhalight6318)
I am studying a Psychology degree and I have battled issues with my mental health which has prevented me from doing as well as I'd hoped, but would still like to opt for a 2.1 overall.

I was wondering what the minimum grades are I'd need in my last two modules (one standard module, and then my dissertation) to get a 2.1 overall.

Year 2 is worth 20%, Year 3 is worth 80%. Each module is worth 20 credits. The dissertation module is worth 40 credits.

Here are my grades so far for Year 2:

Year 3:
Last module: pending
Dissertation module: pending

Thanks!
Hello there if you still need this I can use my excel module calculator if you wish or I can provide you with it.
I will need to make some adjustments as I geared it for the top up year please let me know if you want me to do this
buddhalight6318
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SeizureGman)
Hello there if you still need this I can use my excel module calculator if you wish or I can provide you with it.
I will need to make some adjustments as I geared it for the top up year please let me know if you want me to do this
Yes please, that'd be so so helpful, thanks in advance

Bear in mind the latest score I have got is now 62 for the last module

All I have left pending now is dissertation module
SeizureGman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello there I have tweaked my module calculator it's under the tab "Overall with year 2"

The module works on the 2nd yeat been worth 20% of your final grade is takes that 20 and divides by 6 as you did 6 modules which is around 3.33333 repeating.

The 80 is the remaining 80% divided between the 5 modules which is rounded to 16.
The calculated is as follows

Year 2 module
Module value = 20 / 6 = 3.33 rounded
Module value / 100 = 0.03 rounded in Excel to get the "single percent value"
Now the final bit is Single percent value * your module marks to get the module value
Module one example
20/6 = 3.33
3.3333 / 100 = 0.03
0.03 * 50 = 1.67
The values in all the calculations are rounded down but the totals will be the true value.

Year 3
Module value 80 / 6 = 16 rounded
Module value / 100 = 0.16 rounded to get the single percent value
Single percent value * your module results to get the module value.
The last section gets the totals of the Module values from year two and year 3 and adds then up to get the predicted mark.
Based on my quick estimates your dist module would need roughly 67 percent.

This calculator is designed for rough values and please if you want to be certain speak with your course leader / admissions
Attached files
SeizureGman
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
did the spreadsheet help you or not ???
buddhalight6318
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SeizureGman)
did the spreadsheet help you or not ???
I. Found it hard to use
SeizureGman
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sorry mate give me this weekend if you can i'll make it easier to use though based on your info you'll need at least 67 to 68 to get a 2.1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29.21%
No (189)
70.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise