Back2Uni2021
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey all,

Just like to ask how much your student accommodation or rented houses cost per year? I don't mind what Uni you are at as I just want to get a general feel of the cost per year.

Thanks!
Bee106
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Back2Uni2021)
Hey all,

Just like to ask how much your student accommodation or rented houses cost per year? I don't mind what Uni you are at as I just want to get a general feel of the cost per year.

Thanks!
I study at the University of Sheffield. The accomodation I live in costs £4950 per year. However, the cost of student accomodation will vary depending on whether its a studio, whether its shared accomodation, whether is Ensuite etc.
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey all,

Thanks!
Hi!

I am a 3rd Year at the University of Sheffield and I lived in City Accommodation in an En-suite+ room in my first and second year and it was £145 a week (slightly larger room, 3/4 instead of single bed and 5 mins walk from Uni). However, this is fairly expensive for Sheffield. As far as I'm aware, other student accommodation in Halls is around £125 a week.

This year I am living in rented housing in a popular student area and my rent is £103.50 a week which includes utilities. Rent ranges from around £80 - £140 a week depending on where it is.

Hope this helps

Emily
- BMus, 3rd Year
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey all,

Thanks!
Hi
Current Uni of Sheffield student here! In my first year I stayed in student accommodation, it was an ensuite accommodation in Ranmoor student village and payed approx. £143 per week whilst I was there. This did include access to a gym and the area was very nice too! This year I am in a privately rented house near to the Universities student Union and pay £96 per week, which is much cheaper!

I do recommend student accommodation for the 1st year of uni though! It is a great experience and helps you make tons of friends

Alisha
2nd Year
BMed Sci Orthoptics
SLTWannabe
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by University of Sheffield Students)
Hi!

I am a 3rd Year at the University of Sheffield and I lived in City Accommodation in an En-suite+ room in my first and second year and it was £145 a week (slightly larger room, 3/4 instead of single bed and 5 mins walk from Uni). However, this is fairly expensive for Sheffield. As far as I'm aware, other student accommodation in Halls is around £125 a week.

This year I am living in rented housing in a popular student area and my rent is £103.50 a week which includes utilities. Rent ranges from around £80 - £140 a week depending on where it is.

Hope this helps

Emily
- BMus, 3rd Year
Is there separate post-grad accomodation do you know?! Thanks
University of Sheffield Alumni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by SLTWannabe)
Is there separate post-grad accomodation do you know?! Thanks
Hi SLTWannabe,

The university does offer specific accommodation for postgraduate students, including rooms at both the Endcliffe/Ranmoor and City sites. I'd recommend checking out the 360 virtual tours to get an idea of the room types available to postgraduate students.

We also have a virtual accommodation information session hosted every month, where our accommodation team can tell you more about what is on offer at Sheffield. For more details, head to the Sheffield Live webpages - our next session is being held on Wednesday 7th of April

- Ben
Sheffield Graduate
BSc Molecular Biology, MSc Human and Molecular Genetics
DaisyJon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey all, so I stayed with Student Roost during my first and second year at uni, and found I actually saved more than my friends.

I booked this time of year where they have a good discount on, think it was like £350 off. Then I referred a friend so saved another £150.

If you're still looking for accommodation I'd check Student Roost out - they have in person and online viewings. And if you quote 'The Grand' like literally say those words you get entered into a competition for the chance of winning £1,000 so right away you save like £1500.
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey all,

Thanks!
Hi Back2Uni2021

Here at Hull the University accommodation starts at £135 per week and generally Hull is amongst one of the cheaper cities to live in, the link to the web page is https://www.hull.ac.uk/choose-hull/s.../accommodation. It is worthwhile seeing what the different places you are interested in offer and the standard of the halls by doing some research.

I would certainly agree with Alisha from Sheffield and recommend living in University accommodation in your first year.

Best of Luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Rep
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Daughter is paying approx £200 per week for ensuite in Cambridge but you generally aren't allowed to stay over Christmas or Easter so you don't pay for those weeks - works out at just under £5k per year. The one she looked at in London was over £10k a year (not ensuite).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.79%
Uncertainty around my education (85)
11.44%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.63%
Lack of purpose or motivation (95)
12.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.25%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.65%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.77%
Financial worries (50)
6.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.31%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.23%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.56%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise